 Castle / 840 (+20)
  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Is that the torso with the notched collar? Seems like that one was in a bunch of colors... Steve (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) except (...) I was thinking of this figure. (URL) you thinking of this one, Steve? (URL) you mean the forestman with the colored collar, that's an interesting contrast to the figure I was thinking about. The plate mail (or if someone has a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) don't (...) Email me your address and I'll send you one, Dave. Then, out of the blue, give something to someone else gratis. =) -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: reference material

(...) sieges. (...) I have the book _Castle_ by David McCauley, real good book. You also might check out the book _Castles Their Construction and History_ by Sidney Toy. It should be at the library as well. Dan (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

Oops. (...) in the width of apparent waist, but she has a shoulder strap and belt with buckle, too. So it is a significantly different torso. It wasn't the grog that made her look thicker -- there's no visible lacing on her blouse. A pirate wench's (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle structure advice...

Over the Xmas holidays, I'm hoping to start work on my medieval village. The cornerstone of this village will be a big castle (around 3 storeys) on a mountain of BURPS around 2 storeys high. My quandary for which I seek seasoned castle-builders' (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) I guess one question you need to ask is how static/dynamic do you want your model to be? Are you going to be moving people around on a daily basis or are you going to just let it be for months on end. If your model is going to be dynamic, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Well, unfortunately, it's gonna have to be a combination of static and dynamic, i.e. static in the ~3 month periods I'm off at Uni, but dynamic for the 1 month holidays when I get to play, play, play! I hadn't thought of doing a hing on just (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Now I can't really say I am a "castle architect" because I have just started modeling castle themed buildings but I just completed (Minus about 12 arches I am still in search of) a small Church/Chapel and I used a different technique all (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

<SNIP> (...) dynamic, (...) month (...) Combine all three methods. Use option 3 for the BURP level. ie lift the castle portion off the BURPs, and the use options 1 or 2 for just the castle levels. Dan M. (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

<SNIP> (...) Which arches do you need? (...) into the walls. Do you run into any trouble during the actual snapping of the two sections together? (...) Good Point -- Do you have any idea what the width and depth is going to be? (...) I definitely (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) What I need are... 11 1x4x1 Gray Arches 1 1x6x1 Gray Arch I did notice that the Large "Moo Men" set for next year has quite a few of both. This catalog scan has the best picture. Look at the model on the right side of the pic. (URL) anyone has (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) I'd certainly agree... size is everything. The larger a model is, the more difficult it becomes to modify it. And it sounds like you're planning a pretty big model (being more than 30 bricks in height). Hence, I'd argue for either the open (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

I used pneumatics to make a castle tower extend as a telescope. Obviously, it was a fantasy castle. (URL) Buildings: Frost Castle. Eric Brok -------- Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Submit your own link: (URL) section: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Help!

I just recently purchased a 10 gallon bucket full of lego sets at a garage sale (for only $12.00!) for my two young children. Problem is-no instructions to tell me what I have. It looks like I have two castles, two boats with hulls and motor (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) Check out www.brickshelf.com . This is Kevin Loch's site and you can find most directions for sets that are over 3 years old there. Good luck, Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) hulls (...) most (...) Thanx so much Eric, I'm headed there right now! Tammy Goddard (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) The shields with the lions would be the the Royal Knight sets, I think. The shields with dragons on them either go back to the Black Knight sets or the Dragon Master sets, most likely. On the bigger shields, are the dragons blue, or green? The (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) hulls (...) My two cents, Also, if you look through some of the catalog scans here in the guide you notice that cetain sets have parts unique to each set, such as a spiral staircase with Dark Dragon's Den, yellow and black house walls with (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) Either that or Crusaders/Lionhearts! (...) Well... we're kind of assuming that there are actually large castles in the collection if we say that :) .And, if there AREN'T any baseplates, they could be old-style castles... There are actually a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact