 Castle / 7027
Re: Castle 200?.........please.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 05:15:05 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:
On that note, what new elements would you like to see in any upcoming castle
themes?

Heh. I'd settle for no new elements and just non-juniorized castles like
back in the day... sigh... Oh yes, and no more black castles. How about tan?
Or white? Tan & white arches galore! Tan & white extreme slopes! Heck, all
varieties of tan & white slopes! And more brown pieces for scaffolding,
interior support beams & floors! And bring me some of the old style square
doors in brown too!

But as for new pieces, how about more castle decorations like the tan lion's
head? I'd love to have those in other colors, as well as some new
statues/carvings... Oh yeah, and how about some realistically sized weapons?
Enough of these x-long axes and way-too-huge silver swords. How about a
double edged battle axe?

In other news, anyone planning on some new rounded castle towers now that
the SW Escape pod set comes with two cheap 1/4 8x8 round, 5? high wall
pieces? (UNPRINTED!) I've gotta say, with those pieces, the 8x8 radar dish,
the 4 1/4 8x8 curved grey plates, and the relatively cheap price, I'm gonna
be stocking up on this set like crazy! Who needs castle sets when we've got
SW sets and bulk ordering? :) [a good supply of slopes and arches doesn't
hurt though]

DaveE

though... I have to tell you, after buying 2 of these sets so I could try the
walls together... I'm not happy.. they don't stay together, and you can't put
them together so they are half and half connected on the 2nd layer like you can
with macaroni bricks.. so don't buy more than 2 till you decide for yourself if
you want to try building with these..

Tamy