 Castle / 6996
Re: Castle 200?.........please.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:14:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:
Castle lovers,

Like you, I am hoping that the lack of a new castle theme in 2001 doesn't
mean the end of the castle theme for good.

On that note, what new elements would you like to see in any upcoming castle
themes?

The Pikeman's helm (most likely a Cabaset) included in the Knights Kingdom
theme was a breath of fresh air but can we get some ordinary GREAT HELMS
please? Perhaps with a side order of a euro-style Sallet helms?

Also, can I ask for leg pieces with a 'tunic' design painted on them, or
better yet, a tunic accessory (like the cape, but would attach to the 2 leg
pegs). I've attempted to make my own design (canvas material)here:
http://web.newave.net/~kpeterson/trizeta/images/jester.jpg

Can we get some grey/Palomino horses?
Perhaps a different type of crown for our royal minifigs?

What else?

-Kyle

I agree with nearly everything here, except the crown.  As a proud owner of
a sackfull of useless crowns, if LEGO were to mold any more (before a five
year return) I'd have to eat my hat (HA!).  I'd go batty.
I've been dreaming of great helms and grey horses too.
Really, what I thought might be nicest from TLC would be one of the
following options:  ONE--Rebuilt (using modern part availability) LEGOLAND
series CASTLE sets in everyone's favorite colors (Grey, Tan, Brown and some
Black) with NEW shield printing (Griffin anyone?); TWO--With the demise of
TOWN sets, perhaps they could mint a series of CASTLE life sets (usual
number of new sets in a theme runs between 9 and 16) that are
interconnectable to form a larger Castle, so that no set actually costs more
than $60 in US dollars.
Heck, what'll probably happen at my house in the next year is probably a
combination of both of these ideas.  Purchases of new LEGO product may be
limited to STAR WARS (parts & peasant sets, eh?) and more of 2000 CASTLE
'till it's all gone.  That Alpha Team base might turn out to have some
useful parts, but nothing really excites me for 2001.
I REALLY hope CASTLE lives at the retail shelves.
Hopeful,
Aaron :o)