 Castle / 6990
Re: Castle 200?.........please.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:
On that note, what new elements would you like to see in any upcoming castle
themes?

Heh. I'd settle for no new elements and just non-juniorized castles like
back in the day... sigh... Oh yes, and no more black castles. How about tan?
Or white? Tan & white arches galore! Tan & white extreme slopes!

I wouldn't mind going back to light grey, really.  Tan would also be good
for some castles.  White would I think be too bright for most castles -
even the White Tower in the Tower of London isn't all that white.

More pieces in some of the new 'sand' colors (from Life on Mars) would be
great - they could be mixed in with lt. and dk. grey bricks for a more
realistic looking stone wall.

But as for new pieces, how about more castle decorations like the tan lion's
head? I'd love to have those in other colors, as well as some new
statues/carvings...

The lion's heads were some of the neatest things to come out of Knight's
Kingdom.

Oh yeah, and how about some realistically sized weapons?
Enough of these x-long axes and way-too-huge silver swords.

I regard that as part of being in 'minifig scale' - just about everything
they hold is "too big" - at least, I've never drunk from a goblet as tall
as my torso, or a coffee cup almost the size of my head (although I know
folks who have).

How about a
double edged battle axe?

It's not double-edged, but you can make a fearsome looking battle-axe if
you're willing to sacrifice one of the fancy halberds.  I trimmed a
lightsaber-blade length from the end and gave the resulting smaller axe to
a bat Lord - now he looks like something out of a Frazetta painting.

In other news, anyone planning on some new rounded castle towers now that
the SW Escape pod set comes with two cheap 1/4 8x8 round, 5? high wall
pieces? (UNPRINTED!)

I haven't bought the Droid Escape yet, but the pieces there are pretty
tempting.  I'll have to figure out something to do with the veritable army
of protocol and astromech droids I'll wind up with.  I wonder if 3PO's
body would look like armor with a different head stuck on it?