 Castle / 21600 (+100)
  Re: Cinderella's Castle

(...) You might want to look at this gallery for reference: (URL) transport, sections are needed. How big do you plan to build this? Joe (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cinderella's Castle

(...) Thanks Joe, These pics are fantastic! I am thinking minifig scale so that would make the tallest spire 189'(which is #20 according to the the disney blueprint approx. 47 1/4" high... John (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cinderella's Castle

(...) Take a look at the footprint and make it fit a grid of baseplates. This will let you he able to make base modules and use technic pins to join at the edges. With that, you could biuld teh ground, and first level of teh castle. You can make the (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cinderella's Castle

Hey, Joe already linked Pico's awesome MOC, but you might also check these out: (URL) event at Disneyworld LIC> (URL) Two versions of the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle: (URL) grandram> (2 URLs) SALUG Disneyland display> (URL) Bruce (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.disney, FTX)

  NWBrickCon 2006 Castle Area

NWBrickCon is less than a month away. Tedward over at Classic Castle emailed me about having a Grand Tournament as the theme for our castle layout. I think this is an excellent idea and the plans are in motion for bringing this together. More (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: NWBrickCon 2006 Castle Area

In lugnet.castle, Thomas Rafert wrote: Um yeah that title should be NWBrickCon 2007 Castle Area. :-) Thomas (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Chevron Camp

They've come down from their (URL) icy outpost> to make camp on their journey to a neighboring kingdom. (URL) AC (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(URL) My name is Ben Ellermann and I am a huge LEGO Castle fan! This article will tell you how several lifelong Castle builders and I contributed to the new castle line. I first joined the LEGO Ambassadors in Spring 2006. Soon I found out that a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

Nice to hear about fan involvement with the new Castle sets. Now all they need to do is to have fan involvement with "space" (or non-starwars sci-fi or whatever LEGO are calling it) and then maybe we will get proper Space sets instead of "Mars (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(...) Please try actually reading Ben's article first. (URL) you think Mark Sandlin spent a week in Denmark to build Castle sets? TWS Garrison (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(...) (URL) Enjary (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(...) That article does explain why TLC is reluctant to build "Space" as such (too close to star wars). (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Torture Chamber - a Castle Vignette

Knocked unconscious during the attack on his patrol, the warrior awakes to find himself chained upside down in the deepest darkest part of the evil Wizard's castle. A fire spits and sizzles only inches from his face, and from the corner gloom, a (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  Vignette - A Hard Day's Fight - INTERACTIVE!

Sir Taindeath was weary after the day's battle - no matter how many evil skeletons he killed, there always seemed to be more. As the sun began to set he wondered if he would live to see the next day... (URL) now for the interactive part - YOU get to (...) (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle)

  Da Bulls Camp

Venturing out of their (URL) peak castle>, the Bulls camp out for the night. (URL) More pics in the (URL) when moderated. AC (17 years ago, 29-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Da Bulls Camp

A lovely tree! (And scene ; ) Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (17 years ago, 30-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

Hey y'all, Today I found at Target (North Carolina) 4 new Limited/Special Edition LEGO sets: 7036 Dwarve's Mine 7664 TIE Crawler 7721 Combat Crawler X2 (Exo-Force) 8146 Nitro Muscle (a Technic or Racers car, don't remember which) All are priced at (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

AND my understanding is all these should be available on LEGO Stores, October 15th in USA at least. (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

(...) Actually, these sets are already availble in LEGO Stores as I bought the TIE Crawlers 2 weeks ago at Potomac Mills and I remember seeing the others as wells. -Orion. (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

They were, but got pulled back off the shelves for some sort of batch release. I also picked a bunch up, but could not get any more till October 14th/15th timeframe, oh well, not far away. (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

(...) FYI- also found it at a 'new' Target in MN; they're opening or re-opening many stores nationwide, same prices as mentioned everywhere it seems. Happy building, Aaron (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

(...) Correct. I believe most LEGO stores have these in their stock area, being held until mid-October. Some stores also have the Mr. Magorium's Big Book set also being held also. www.magorium.com Scott (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Dwarves' Mine

I went out today and bought 2 sets of #7036 Dwarves' Mine. This now gives me 4 sets. I will never buy another... well not til next month anyway. Now, TLG where are the battle packs of Dwarves and separately, the Goblins/Orcs? This should be two (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dwarves' Mine

(...) Don - That's the old 4.5 volt battery-operated train track. The (URL) inside curves> and (URL) curves> haven't appeared since the 80's, but the (URL) straight track> occasionally turns up in non-train sets. There are 31 copies of (URL) this (...) (17 years ago, 13-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Dwarves' Mine

(...) Thanks, after my posting, I remembered a box of old LEGO given to me a couple of years ago. In it there was 32 sections of curved track (16 inside and 16 outside), 49 sections of straight track,two right-turn, and 2 left-turn switches. So I (...) (17 years ago, 13-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Persian Caravan

An oasis provides a refreshing respite from the scorching desert dunes for the traveling caravan making their journey to the Western hemisphere. (URL) AC (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Persian Caravan

(...) Nicely done. I think the camels are pretty creatively done - looks like you might be able to use some 1x2 modified plates with single studs on the back to allow centering mounted riders, too. The whole scene is well-done. I'm glad to see (...) (17 years ago, 21-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Persian Caravan

The Zam Wessel head on the slave Leia torso is just plain genious! Off to dig mine out and make my own belly dancer! Dave S. (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  TexLUG at Halloween Howl'r

TexLUG was invited to attend the Institute of Texan Cultures' Halloween Howl'r event in San Antonio, which corresponded with their "Here Be Dragons!" exhibit. We were asked to put together a medieval/dragon themed display, and while only Chris (...) (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: TexLUG at Halloween Howl'r

(...) Looks like it was a lot of fun! I esp. like the use of upside-down 1x1 orange bricks for the kiddies trick-or-treat bags!! Very nice detail for sure. Imagine my surprise when I saw that you managed to take a photo of BrickLink's main (...) (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Samurai Gates

Through the gates of a Samurai clan, a small contingent of Ninjas prepare for a journey to the West. (2 URLs) AC (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Samurai Gates

(...) Awesome use of a raised baseplate. Also, I love the fact that the upper floor is tiled. Great job! -Elroy (17 years ago, 3-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Black Falcon reverse image on torso?

Hey all, I seem to recall years ago that someone had posted a picture they had of two Black Falcon 'figs. One had the standard shield design, the other had the same design only with the head of the bird facing in the opposite direction (to the left (...) (17 years ago, 17-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Black Falcon reverse image on torso?

(...) Hi Dave, I also remember this discussion from several years ago. Johannes Koehler has pictures of three different Black Falcon torsos: (URL) A fourth variation can be found in the re-released 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress (set 10039) figures. (...) (17 years ago, 17-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Black Falcon reverse image on torso?

(...) Jojo reported it here (URL) started a thread which confirmed that they're rarish. But I've never heard a convincing explanation for why they were printed that way. (...) Neat. And mysterious. (...) I've always assumed that TLG just reused the (...) (17 years ago, 18-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon reverse image on torso?

(...) It appears that the 4th version also has an eye, whereas the older 3 don't. David (17 years ago, 25-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Impulse sets

I hope I'm not stealing anyone thunder here but I noticed this when visiting the brick shelf page. the two new castle impulse sets with the new knight torso. (URL) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Impulse sets

(...) I like the looks of the Impulse sets...esp. the Town and Space! related ones! It should lead to a lot of people buying (many) more than 2 of each set. The real question is, when the heck are these sets going to show up in U.S. B&M stores or on (...) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Castle set 7041 "Battle Wheel"

G'day all, Just a heads-up that in Feb 2008 (Aus/NZ...probably earlier elsewhere) LEGO will be releasing the above mentioned set. I have scanned the page and set from the 2008 Aus catalogue and they are available to view at: (URL) scanned from new (...) (17 years ago, 10-Dec-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Impulse sets

(...) 5615, The Knight, is available from S@H and brand retail now. At $3.50 for an equipped fig (whose equipment I don't really like. . .) and a few RedBrown pieces I think I'll pass. (17 years ago, 15-Dec-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Impulse sets

(...) You said what many silently think: The pricing for the impulse sets is not always comprehensible, esp. given the pricing for similar sets of other quality toy brands. I like giving EUR 1.49 - 1.99 sets to the kids every now and then when I (...) (17 years ago, 17-Dec-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Displaying my set collections at LEGO-palooza

(...) I love your displays. I hope I can do something like that someday. I'm not so great at designing my own models, but I'm collecting a lot of sets. Thanks for sharing your displays. (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Displaying my set collections at LEGO-palooza

Hello! That's a nice way to present your sets. Usually you just see them displayed in showcases or display-staircases or the like. That way the sets are hardly relating to each other. You however show a real Castle world. I like that. Bye Jojo (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Impulse sets

(...) Arargh! While the wizard set leaves something to be desired (can any Classic Castle fan honestly say that they DON'T have enough Majisto 'figs?!) the other set I like for the helmet and armor. While I love the new burnished/polished/brushed (...) (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) So after several shows upon shows with NILTC building and rebuilding my trees, I finally took the time to 'tube' them in a similar fashion to yours. Sooooo much better, I have to say. They stayed together like a charm. So I wanted to say (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) So after several shows upon shows with NILTC building and rebuilding my trees, I finally took the time to 'tube' them in a similar fashion to yours. Sooooo much better, I have to say. They stayed together like a charm. So I wanted to say (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Brickistan Gateway Fort

Hi, It's not precisely a castle, it's not really adventurers, so wasn't sure where to post...sorry. Advice on that welcome by email. The empire of Brickistan, ruled by the cruel Timurlego, is guarded by the Brickistan gateway fort...my somewhat (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle)

  Stonehenge and Chichen Itza

These were built for the upcoming March 2008 "Around the World in 80 Days" themed TexLUG display. I think I did a pretty decent job, considering I'm working with inventory scraps and leftovers. Stonehenge (2 URLs) Flickr> (URL) Brickshelf> I was (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.org.us.texlug, FTX) !

  Re: Stonehenge and Chichen Itza

(...) I think your wife gave you some great advice, the "as is" version is nicely done. I really enjoyed it. Great work Tony. Janey "Red Brick" (17 years ago, 23-Feb-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.org.us.texlug, FTX)

  Dwarves and Trolls in the US?

Greetings, Does anyone happen to know if or when we might see the Dwarves and Trolls sets available in the US? S@H indicates they are not available in this country. I know the Dwarves mine was a limited release but I sure didn't expect it to be that (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-08, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dwarves and Trolls in the US?

(...) Hey John, You may wish to hop on over to www.classic-castle.com - there have been many threads there concerning the future of these sets. According to Steve Witt, and confirmed by the recent toy fair, they Dwarf Mine will be returning, along (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-08, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dwarves and Trolls in the US?

LEGO Castle set #7036 Dwarves' Mining Age 7+ 575 pcs Will be release August 2008. (For the US Market) You might see it in stores late July. -Abner (17 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dwarves and Trolls in the US?

(...) Thanks for the info! I had hoped this would be the case. I personally think the Dwarves and Trolls are a great addition to the Castle line and was disappointed when I missed picking up a set during the short release. S@H still shows them (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.castle)

  TexLUG at 3rd Annual HBCE

(2 URLs) Flickr Gallery> For a third year, TexLUG was invited to display at the Healthy Baby and Child Expo in San Antonio on March 8th and 9th, 2008. While only two TexLUG members were able to attend, the layout was nevertheless a success. The (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Sproket is Science Fantasy!

That's right not steampunk, not fantasy and not science fiction. It's not retro-future because it's from a past that never happened and on worlds with magic and goblins, pirates, space-aliens and super intelligent lizard people! It's John Carter on (...) (17 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Castle Layout at BrickWorld 2008

Hello everyone! I am both happy and excited to once again be the Castle Coordinator for (URL) Brickworld>. If you plan on attending Brickworld and will be bringing Castle themed MOC's for display in the collaborative layout, please remember to click (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  New Arizona LEGO Store and Phoenix LEGO Train Club

LEGO Store Grand Opening Coming this summer to Chandler Fashion Center, Arizona's first LEGO store! The Chandler Fashion Center LEGO Store will feature: Monthly in-store building contests and events that are free and fun for the whole family! The (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.loc.us.az.tuc, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: New Arizona LEGO Store and Phoenix LEGO Train Club

(...) I just read up on this Lego store opening in AZCentral! June 27-29 is the opening ceremony! Great, no need to go to Ontario (CA) anymore ;) Phoenix Lego group? Interesting. Let me check that out! Good day to all! doeg (16 years ago, 27-Apr-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.loc.us.az.tuc, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: New Arizona LEGO Store and Phoenix LEGO Train Club

-snip- (...) I didn't know this was already posted on Lugnet. Anyway I added the media information lugnet.mediawatch newsgroup. By the way, don't be surprised if you get a letter from LEGO regarding to the use of the LEGO name in the domain. Also if (...) (16 years ago, 28-Apr-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.loc.us.az.tuc, lugnet.org.us)

  Samurai Dojo

The way of the Samurai has long been taught in Dojos of feudal Japan where various martial arts techniques are taught by the Sensei. (URL) AC (16 years ago, 28-Apr-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Samurai Dojo

(...) Very Nice. a little cramped, but the details make up for it. I love the Dark grey / Dark Bley wall effect, very effective and I will be borrowing this idea for a future project :) Aaron A (16 years ago, 28-Apr-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(URL) This new tool allows easy creation of non-flat patterned LDraw parts. Create a flat pattern and stamp it on a 3D former. Program, documentation, source code are available (URL) here>. To show the usefulness of this tool, I created the four (...) (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) What a clever tool. That seems like it will be very useful! Jim (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

Very nice. I don't author parts, so I won't be trying it out. However, I looked at your tutorial, and I have two suggestions: Add "Un-Project", where it takes a projected shape and flattens it automatically on an axis specified by the user (X, Y, or (...) (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Wow. Awesome. I've been meaning to write something like this for ages so I'm very happy. Would it work on minifig faces too? Tim (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It should. One interesting aspect is that while photo/scan distorts the pattern, flattening the shape to put it in quad2dat does the same distortion so they compensate each other! Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) I was curious if it was a direct projection or an area preserving one. A nice variant might be to write an area preserving variant although that would get quite complex. Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It's a direct parallel projection. I think it's the best since the photo (with a long focal lens) or a scan has the same projection. Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) This is great! Like Tim, I'd been thinking about writing a tool like this for a long time. Thank you very much for making this available. Steve (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) For unproject MLCad does the job. Symply select everything and set the appropriate matrix row at 0. This is perfect for triangle, quads... If you have primitives you have to later automatically fix the "all zero matrix row" using LDDP. The (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Philo! Awesome tool, can hardly wait to check it out. I've been waiting for a long, long time for such a prog. w. (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle)

  Fire Skull - an armored dragon

Hello, inspired by a Yu-Gi-Oh card my eight year old son Sandro started to build an armored dragon a few days ago. I'm really proud of what he came up with! (3 URLs) He invented and built this completely on his own. The only help he asked for was (...) (16 years ago, 12-May-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

I sold a MISB 6030 LEGO 1984 Catapult set to Ivan Mucha from the Republic of Slovakia on eBay who has the eBay member name bombrak and whose email address is thefly@stonline.sk. Being overconfident and hoping to save the buyer postage, I sent the (...) (16 years ago, 28-May-08, to lugnet.castle)

  Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

I'd like to announce the Castle contest for Brickworld this year. Fling Things! There are two basic machines of war that can be used to fling the brick missiles: catapults and trebuchets. (Catapults use torsion skeins for power and trebuchets use a (...) (16 years ago, 30-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

(...) If this is going to be held inside one of the ballrooms, can you tell us the height of the ceiling? (16 years ago, 30-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

(...) It scares me to answer this question... The plan is to have it in the ballroom. But, if this becomes dangerous to MOCs in the room, then we may need to reconsider. Regardless the ceiling in the ballroom is about 25 feet up. Good luck :) Bryan (16 years ago, 30-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

(...) Last year we had a (URL) motorized dinosaur> rampaging through the town. Hopefully stacks of four 2X4 bricks won't cause too much trouble. =-) Just to make sure we're all on the same page, the Distance part of the Fling Things Contest will be (...) (16 years ago, 31-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) A couple of days ago, on some other website, I read a message from a Slovakian AFOL complaining about not getting an uninsured MISB 6030... yes, it was him. In my opinion, it is definitely not honest to make public his full name, member name (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) Give the guy a brake, he wasn't being "political incorrect" and it is good to know about problems so the rest of us do not make the same mistake or fall into the same trap, which ever. Had he said the US or Canada or GB would he have been (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) --snip-- (...) Most certainly posting a full and raw e-mail address is extremely rude and disrespectful. I note that Anne includes an anti-spam section in her own posting address here and to not offer the some privilege to someone else is (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) Indeed. Though I find myself wondering why Martin's, John's and your posts were all crossposted to off-topic.debate. The content, while probably off-topic for castle, is not off-topic per se, in my view. I've set the FUT to (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost on planet Earth ... somewhere

My intent was as someone stated, a "cautionary tale" and a request for others to keep a lookout ... admittedly a desperate request because the person possessing the lost set could also read the post and remove the identifying sticker. I hoped that (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost on planet Earth ... somewhere

(...) Your post would be better made to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade. Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

Reading your tutorial made me wonder whether scans of the orignal parts could be vectorized using Inkscape (Inkscape includes an automatic raster-to-vector converter). The resultant SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) file could then maybe be converted (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Hi Mike, Yes, I considered this possibility in the beginning, but I was not convinced by the vectorization process. One key issue is that silk-screened parts are far from perfect (misprints, color registration problems...). I found that (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

(...) Kill joy... ; ) God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  LEGO Castle Adventure in Indianapolis

I just received the July-August Brickmaster magazine today, and on page 23 it tells of a LEGO Castle Adventure that's a touring exhibit. It starts on January 31, and guess where it starts... The Children's Museum of Indianapolis!!! (Really nice for (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, FTX)

  Royal Palace Temple Celebration

The royal celebration has started where various factions parade around the red temple displaying their finest armor paying homage to the royal couple. (URL) AC (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Royal Palace Temple Celebration

AMAZING!!!! (16 years ago, 15-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Temple Illusion vs Reality

Illusion (URL) Reality (URL) Everything (URL) in-between> when folder becomes public. AC (16 years ago, 19-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Castle theme at BrickFair

BrickFair is right around the corner, this labor day weekend in DC. I'll be coordinating the Castle display this year- so who's coming? What are you bringing? I'd like to get an idea of whether we'll have enough mocs to produce a castle city as has (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events)

  Trebuchet

Folks, Does anyone have any recommendations for how to build a functioning trebuchet that is minifig scale? I have tried it several times and it always comes out too large. The other issue I have is making a trigger that doesn't snag when it goes (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle)

  Trebuchet

Folks, Does anyone have any recommendations for how to build a functioning trebuchet that is minifig scale? I have tried it several times and it always comes out too large. The other issue I have is making a trigger that doesn't snag when it goes (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Trebuchet

(...) James Brink built a minifig scale Crusader Trebuchet several years ago: (URL) You may also find other examples of trebuchets posted on <www.classic-castle.com> Ben (16 years ago, 21-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Owl Tower

Hi Happy Builders, Long time not been showing (off) some building ideas. Now that I've cleaned my Lego corner I came around my Owl Tower. Just an idea I wanted to picture: an tower formed with owl-heads. Structure is like Hagrid's Hut (1st one). (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Trebuchet

(...) Ben, Thanks for the info, The trebuchet I built is much bigger than the one that you sent me a link to. I had to make it bigger to get enough weight to toss a 2x2 brick more than three feet. I think I can modify it with some ideas I got from (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Newest Buildings

Here is my latest round of buildings. Some of them were built specifically for the NMRA 2008 show. 7-Eleven (no interior yet) (URL) Books (URL) Boutique (URL) Packing House (URL) 1 (URL) (no interior yet) (URL) Stuff: bread & cheese vendor, turkey (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jul-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  MOC: Black Falcon's Outpost

Morning, mate! If you'll oblige us, pop on over to the Black Falcon Outpost and have a pint! (URL) I hope you can enjoy it, as I've checked my website several times against this post but the link isn't working. I posted on Space last night with no (...) (16 years ago, 7-Aug-08, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Black Falcon's Outpost

(...) I think I found it. The comma in Falcon's is doing something weird. How do I fix that? Dave S. (16 years ago, 7-Aug-08, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Black Falcon's Outpost

(...) Easiest way is to change the name of your web page so that it doesn't use spaces, apostrophes, or other punctuation marks. :) It appears that your picture links to: (URL) it should actually link to: (URL) work, btw. Taking the time to document (...) (16 years ago, 7-Aug-08, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact