 Castle / 21643
Re: Impulse sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:31:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Carroll wrote:
   I hope I’m not stealing anyone thunder here but I noticed this when visiting the brick shelf page. the two new castle impulse sets with the new knight torso. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=288641

John

Arargh! While the wizard set leaves something to be desired (can any Classic Castle fan honestly say that they DON’T have enough Majisto ‘figs?!) the other set I like for the helmet and armor.

While I love the new burnished/polished/brushed steel look for the armor and helmets, TLG seriously needs to make up their mind as to what color/mixture will be used to represent metal! Meaning that I REALLY LIKE the way the armor and helmet are done, but I’m not so keen on the squishy plastic in the sword and the mixture used for the armor in sets like this:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2587px17

It’s listed as Pearl Light Gray in one inventory, and Medium Stone in another (BOTH are Pearl Light Gray, BTW).

Hey TLG, remember the whole “halving the color palette” idea? Let’s start here. You’ve got so many colors of silver out there that even our big inventory uber-sorters can’t tell ‘em apart!

I don’t care much for the Pearl Light Gray as it’s not very opaque, which oft makes armor look wimpy. The opaque style that’s shiny and glossy and not opaque really rocks, especially in armor and helms and weapons! We need an armory battle pack packed with that!

Dave S.