 Castle / 21640
Re: Impulse sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:43:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Thomas Garrison wrote:
5615, The Knight, is available from S@H and brand retail now.  At $3.50
for an equipped fig (whose equipment I don't really like. . .) and a few
RedBrown pieces I think I'll pass.

You said what many silently think: The pricing for the impulse sets is not
always comprehensible, esp. given the pricing for similar sets of other quality
toy brands.

I like giving EUR 1.49 - 1.99 sets to the kids every now and then when I feel
like it. Taxing and everything included, such sets should run around $2 in the
States. Definitely not more, given current exchange rates.

So yeah, make the retail price go around or below 2 EUR and I'm in. Contentwise,
the sets are very nice indeed. And I don't argue about colors (any more...).

Just checked: Amazon Germany lists them at EUR 2.99 - not my price yet, but
there'll certainly be discount sales eventually...

Jerry