 Castle / 21100 (+100)
  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

(...) Robin, I can certainly see why this was a prize winner, the originality and level of detail are great. I love the cog, that's an amazing ship for brick (non pirate hull) construction. I love the odd shape of the castle, it's not just a square (...) (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

(...) Wow, that is just lovely! Such a variety of shapes, and none of them boring rectangles. Angled walls, hills, round towers - so much to see and admire. Great job, definitely worth spotlighting! JohnG, GMLTC (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

(...) This is fabulous. Great attention to detail. As other have said, all the curves and twists and turns make it even more wonderful. Did you consider mixing new grey and old grey together for the castle walls? (if not on this project, on others?) (...) (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

Robin, Great,Great, work. I loved seeing this at the con last weekend, and I have to tell you that as great as the pictures are, I wish athat everyone could see it first hand, it's that great! Jon (19 years ago, 13-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

(...) Thanks for your comments, all! I have experimented with using old and new light grey together, and I have to say I just don't like it (yet). I think I'll need to play a bit more with it. I did (by necessity) have to use some faded grey bricks, (...) (19 years ago, 14-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

GREAT Castle! And you make me sick! It's not enough to build an awesome castle, but then you've gotta go and show off by making it into a giant Moonbase© module, too! James Wilson (19 years ago, 14-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Comming this Christmas: The Chronicles of Narnia

December 9th will mark the beginning of a 7 part series based off of C. S. Lewis “The Chronicles of Narnia”, starting with “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe”. I’ll be adding pictures as time goes by, but here are a couple of pictures of the (...) (19 years ago, 14-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon

Excellent work, I particularly like the height of the base all around... really makes it look like a 'crop' from a bigger world. I think that is my faviorite part : ) Though the ninja walls covered by arches look great, the various angles are mind (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Comming this Christmas: The Chronicles of Narnia

Brilliant teaser pic! I'm looking forward to the rest... I admit I am more of a fan of Lewis' non-Narnia books, but I have read the Narnia series and will still watch for this with interest... Have you posted this eleswhere? God Bless, Nathan Visit (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Comming this Christmas: The Chronicles of Narnia

(...) I have only read his Narnia books, but I just started "Out of the silent planet" from his space trilogy. But what I have seen of the movie, I think it will be totally awesome. I like my unicorn, but I'm still trying to decide, if I should (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.disney, lugnet.books, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Comming this Christmas: The Chronicles of Narnia

I posted a link to your gallery on cc here: (URL) Hope that's fine, God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.disney, lugnet.books, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Comming this Christmas: The Chronicles of Narnia

I have added The White Witch Jadis and her sledge, when she meets Edmund. (URL) My folder (URL) My Narnia Subfolder I hope you enjoy --Kevin W. § (URL) picture is link W.W. "But what are you? Are you a great overgrown dwarf that has cut off its (...) (19 years ago, 17-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.disney, lugnet.books, lugnet.build, FTX)

  The Mantis Man

I recently fell in love with Mike's BrickFa armature. It's so simple, yet so complex. That armature you can see (URL) HERE>. So anyway, I felt the need to build a version of my own... a more... castley version. And how more castley can you get than (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: The Mantis Man

(...) Thanks for the link, don't know how I missed this... Nice work as well ; ) God Bless, Nathan (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Vikings - Prototype vs. Final comparisons?

I finally got a chance to see the Viking boxes up close and personal at the local Toys 'R Us. I'm both excited and disappointed at the same time. I think this will probably be the first time in years that I buy the whole line of Castle toys, but (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)

(...) I have fairly extensive info on Mega Bloks back to 1993. In post 21060, Clark correctly identified the two most likely possibilities from Mega Bloks: (URL) two sets came out in 1995 and had 370 and 725 pieces, respectively. Both are minifig (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Comming this Christmas: The Chronicles of Narnia

Well I'm back with some more Narnian projects of mine, these I got inspired to do after having seen the second trailer for The Lion, "The Witch and The Wardrobe". I built the Dawn Treader and the palace of Cair Paravel. Unfortunately Paravel was (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Can you solve the Wizard's Riddles?

The Wizard's Labyrinth (2 URLs) Post Mod Gallery> The reclusive wizard has hidden his vast treasures within a large castle, standing amid a huge labyrinth, only the bravest and most cunning of warriors will make it through! It is not simply a matter (...) (19 years ago, 29-Oct-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Can you solve the Wizard's Riddles?

Excellent work Anthony! Something about this is very 'Rupertish' to me. The maze is an axcellent concept well impleminted! The only thing I would pick on would be the statues. God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 30-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Can you solve the Wizard's Riddles?

I really do like it a lot. I've enjoyed all the micro scale castle stuff I've been seeing lately and this is another great addtion. I like you work a lot. Steve (19 years ago, 31-Oct-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  New MOC: In The Archives

(2 URLs) Please let me know what you think! -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 2-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Can you solve the Wizard's Riddles?

(...) I double-checked against the photos minus the castle, and yes, there is a route past all four statues to the center. But in a purely maze-theoretic sense, it's not a complex labyrinth -- e.g. there's only one wrong turn on the route between (...) (19 years ago, 4-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Knight's Tent

The knight and his squire drink the night away by his tent after an uninspiring loss in the grand tournament. (URL) AC (19 years ago, 6-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Knight's Tent

Great MOC! I like the over-all scale of the tent, a hard thing to get right! My only question would be why he still has armour after a loss? ; ) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 6-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  The Kingdom of Ikros: Chaos Skies - Chapter 9

Finally, after months of turmoil, heartache and bouts of shear luck, I can announce to the world: The Kingdom of Ikros Chaos Skies Chapter 9 - Out of the Darkness Please let me know what you think! (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Kingdom of Ikros: Chaos Skies - Chapter 9

(...) Hi, Even though I haven't kept up with this one (a little dark as we discussed ages ago...) I scanned through your new chapter and the layout is still excellent. Your pics are even improving from an all ready high standard. Congratulations and (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Castle Guard & Bulls Stables

(URL) Castle Guard> (2 URLs) Bulls Stables> (URL) AC (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Castle Guard & Bulls Stables

Hey, I like the castle guard rendition...very interesting especially in your trademark bull theme... God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Turners Cross a segment of a Castle

Greetings All, I proudly present Turners Cross, my latest castle MOC. (pic=link) (URL) I imagine this to be a segment of a very prosperous Royal Knight regional capital. As such the defenses are now more for show than actual combat and the city has (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.ie, FTX) !!

  Re: Turners Cross a segment of a Castle

(...) Nathan that whole thing is awesome. Each building just by itself it a great MOC; the complete town is more than you can take in all at once. I love all of the action going on everywhere...the pantry, the war planning room, etc., etc. There are (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Turners Cross a segment of a Castle

(...) Nathan, Gosh, where to begin, I can tell you really packed this full of well thought out details. I imagine one could spend hours perusing it in person. The staircases are done very well, especially the one with the beige divider down the (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Turners Cross a segment of a Castle

Hey Nathan, Amazing MOC! I've left extensive comments on Classic-Castle. Bruce (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Colossal Castle Contest III

Hello all, Classic-Castle.com is pleased to announce (URL) Colossal Castle Contest III> our third annual large contest. There are nine categories, ranging in size from customized minifigs to large castles covering multiple baseplates, so there are (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  Excalibur's Shrine

Submitted as an entry to the Castle Room Interior category of the CCC III. (URL) AC (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest III

(...) From the categories & prizes page: "See links for actual photos of used sets." What links? The pictures themselves aren't links. I'm not sure where to click. (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

  Re: Excalibur's Shrine

Great concept, the knights are intimidating and the sword 'in' the stone is ingenious... God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Turners Cross a segment of a Castle

(...) Thanks so much David, I really tried to push each building to the maximum to get a large MOC full of small details... God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Turners Cross a segment of a Castle

(...) Thanks for your comments! I tried to pack as much in as my collection could supply... and I put a lot of effort into colour balancing so I'm glad you liked it! Thanks and God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest III

(...) I still need to photograph most of the used sets and update the prizes page. All of the used sets have instructions and are in very good to excellent condition without smoke damage. I can't say when I will have time get the sets assembled and (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

  Vikings Discover America

Greetings... I apologize if this is old news. (I've been offline as some of you know and actually knew little about this theme prior to this week.) But a very quick search of the topic turned up little, so I felt it worth posting... Last Friday I (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings Discover America

Hey Hendo, Good to 'see' you in .castle again... The vikings are (I hear) new to North America. They've been out here (in Ireland) for quite a while. I agree they are nice sets, pity about those KK2 swords... God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Vikings Discover America

(...) Yes, I was also thrown off by the use of the KK swords. What exactly are those supposed to be modeled on anyway? I've gotten the impression they are totally a fantasy design. ...If that's true, then I don't much like them for use in Vikings. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Shroomtastic

Man, I usually get to Lugnet via a bookmark to the .space page, but this time I had to go looking for the Castle newsgroup. Never thought that would happen.. So yeah. I, uh, made a castle-ish moc. I broke from my usual spacey bias and went nuts in (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: Shroomtastic

(...) Hey! groovy! This reminds me of the recently fantastic Japanese animation film "Howl's Moving Castle" which incidently, I would love to build something based on the Castle in the film. But this reminds me of it, so if you want to know what I (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  ballista

Hello, this is my first MOC post, so please excuse my newbyness. I put this together today, and it came out far better than my expectations, so I thought I'd share it. I reviewed some sites for pics of a ballista, and didn't find a lot of pictures, (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shroomtastic

(...) Nice work Chief. Bonktron lives! a (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: ballista

(...) Hi Darren, Welcome to Lugnet. I saw that on Brickshelf and was really imprseed. It looks just like pictures of ballistas that I have seen. Clever use of the flex tube too. When announcing MOCs you can maximise your audience by cross-posting to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ballista

(...) thanks Tim, I have some more stuff to share soon, your advice will help a lot. Darren (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Half-timbered houses

(...) I'm not a medievalist - I'm more of an aesthetic castler (going for the look, not accuracy) - but I did take a trip to England. Most houses were either all stone, or all timber, but there were a few that were half and half. This one for (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle)

  Mongols Attack

An entry for the Siege Scene category; (URL) AC (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Attack of the Demonic Winged Beast

A tale told long ago - a feverishly hungry & demonic winged creature attacks... This is my first Castle Post. Small but tasty like cranberry sauce ;-) (URL) King George and his band of clown-colored henchmen attempt to obtain the toe nail of the (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Half-timbered houses

You do see half timbered houses in the UK a fair bit usually in terraced streets most frequently above shops. I've certainly seen more half timber than full timber but I guess they last better. As Lenny says extra floors were frequently added onto a (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shroomtastic

(...) I hadn't heard of this movie till you pointed it out. Just watched the trailer. That's one crazy moving castle! Very steampunk. Thanks for pointing it out, Mel! -The Chief (2 URLs) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Shroomtastic

(...) Thanks Allister :) /me tips hat -The Chief (2 URLs) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Lego on Boing Boing

Hi all, Seems that some castle gamers have made Boing Boing ((URL)). Here's the article (URL) Tim (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.castle)

  Pictures from Legoworld

I've finally organised my pictures from Legoworld, back in October. Brikshelf link is this once moderated: (URL) Some previews, starting with my model of the actual Royal Train - the train and the windmill layout all had to fit in airline luggage: (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Frodo Takes the Plunge...

Seems like the vignette craze has slowed down a little bit... I, myself, have been distracted by the CCC3. I have, however, been thinking about this vignette for a little while and threw it together tonight: "Don't look at the lights. There was a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Death in the Library

Hi, My first castle MOC. I did this for the Colossal Castle Comp on classic castle, but then re-read the rules and realised it fails to qualify for the interiors section as it has one wall too few! Ho-hum. I might try to rebuild it but for now I (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Death in the Library

(...) Wow!! Very nice! Fantastic details, LOTS to take in, I really like the shape of the window. Excellent work! (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Death in the Library

(...) That's a great MOC paralleled by some great photography. There's a whole lot there for the size of the creation. I think that if it had another wall, it would have been harder to get good lighting and thus harder to photograph. David (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Death in the Library

Hey this is a nice build! Great details like the window edging, the inner corner of the bookcase and more. Wow, look at all those books, I think I have what, like one? hahahahaha, thanks for sharring, excellent photos as well. e (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Death in the Library

That is a great MOC! You should enter it in the CCC3, but I wouldn't rebuild it. There is a Misc category that this would fit in just fine... Josh PS. Love the falling guy! (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Vikings Skull Island

An entry to the Viking category; (URL) AC (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Oh Tannenbaum, Oh Tannenbaum...

This little guy is coming with me to sit on my desk at work: (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Death in the Library

(...) Thanks, You're right it does fit that category and I've entered it. I've built a new MOC for the castle room interior: (2 URLs) Hope it's liked as well as the library seems to be! Mark. (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Bulls Ice Peak Castle

(URL) An entry for the Castle category.> (URL) AC (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Bulls Ice Peak Castle

(...) I like the use of brown in the castle; it fits in with the Bulls faction very well. Not sure why there's a Star Wars disclaimer at the bottom of the page though. David (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

Perhaps it is because the forest is blocked by (URL) these>:-) No, these aren't from James Whitmore's garden [1], they are part of the TCLTC's next building phase! There isn't much to them in terms of building complexity, but I think that they have (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Mail Coach

Hi, This is a Mail Coach based on the type running throughout the 18th century in Britain. (Thought most were red and black rather then yellow and black). (2 URLs) The most famous Highwayman from the time was Dick Turpin and his horse 'Black Bess'. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) John..very cool.As for cutting the tubing MichLTC guys will tell ya a couple of years back I cut alot of that black tubing for my trees before I changed the design(now I'm stuck with alot of those cut up tubing)...but looks like I may have (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) Oh yea, sign me up for a few thousand of those if they ever show up in bulk. And maybe (ok, I admit - I'm dreaming now!) in a few other shades of green? Nice trees! Now, you'll need a bigger layout! ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Narnia

Well after having seen the movie, I got inspired to do some more Narnian Lego stuff. I have a few more stickers that I've done. And in a couple of days I should have pictures of The spare room with the wardrobe, the professor’s office, Narnian (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) snipped (...) Dude! Those are too *bleep*'n good! For a while I was asking myself what I should be looking for at PAB (the old gray is all but gone these days). Now I know what I should be looking for. Adr. (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) Thanks, J-1! Well, we're working on it:-) It has always been my dream to build trees like these since I got inspired by seeing yours so many years ago: (URL) Wow. They seemed huge at the time! JOHN (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) They'd look really *bleeping*'n good in a scene with any one of (URL) these>! :-) Thanks, Adrian! JOHN (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) Don't forget yellow, orange and red for trees in autumn. David (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) Hey, Chris- Ha, thought you were stuck with a bunch of Simpsons individual stringettes, eh? (sorry; obscure python reference) Yeah, recycle those babies! They need be only 3 mm long! But mind you: My "***Mutilation Alert***" also applied to my (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) D'oh! Insert the tube first- then trim it with something... (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) This is easier said than done (tried it-- one time). The other method was safer, quicker, and more efficient. JOHN (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Narnia

Well as promised I have the pictures uploaded. This is a display that I built for a Christmas party I'm having next week. At the left it goes from the Professor's house into Narnia, then to the river with the Beavers' dam, and finally the Thaw, with (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) Well John, you've done it again. You and your son Ross never cease to amaze me with your creative thinking. Fortunately I had the forethought to pickup a sizeable amount of the castle foliage last year so I’ll have to try this out. I may (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) You just might see them in a scene in '06 ;-) But looking over other photos in the folder, I caught sight of some offerings I really like esp. the trees in the lower left (kinda look like trees in my neighborhood): (URL) Do you have some more (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) ("thumbed" the pic above) (...) No, Adrian, that's about as close as I got to those and, unfortunately, those trees gave their lives to help produce the new ones;-) Fortunately, though, those trees are quite easy to recreate-- they are merely (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Classic Castle Winter Outpost

(URL) An entry for the Classic Castle category.> (URL) AC (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?

(...) Thanks for the kind words, Ondrew. The rods I used were purchased at a hobby store and were manufactured by K&S Engineering Chicago, IL. They are 1/8" diameter. But don't take my word for it-- do as I did and take a few 2x2 round bricks to ye (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  "St. Peter don't you call me, 'cause I can't go..."

Gather 'round ladies and gentlemen and we take another look to the world beyond the grave... The realm of the spirits... where the dead don't rest quietly... (URL) OK, so it didn't need the dramatic introduction... but guess Joe Vig never heard, you (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.western)

  Red Roof Inn

(URL) An entry for the Medieval Life category.> (URL) AC (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Red Roof Inn

Amado, I really like the windows, and the ability to remove the roof. I've always been a fan of horseshoe shaped inn's myself. Jon Furman lugnet #1123 Ps, the ox in the back is cool, I'd love to build one, is there another picture of it. (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Red Roof Inn

(...) Jon, The windows were the result of (URL) some designs> that I've tried before this work was developed. And as for the roof, similar construction technique was already used in a (URL) previous work>. Didn't you do the Prancing Pony as a (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Rieview of set 7015, Viking Warrior challenges the Fenris Wolf

[LEGOSet 7015] 7015 (Castle) System / Vikings Viking Warrior challenges the Fenris Wolf Le guerrier Viking défie le loup Fenrir El Guerrero Vikingo reta al Lobo Fenris Ages 7-14, 76 Pcs. (C)2005. 12 page manual: 1 model (1 Minifig, 1 Shield stand, 1 (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  The Siege of Martindale Castle

Undead Rampaging Army. Need I say anything else? (URL) Adrian (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: Red Roof Inn

Amado , Thanks for the update on the ox! I think I'm going to have a lot of fun building some. I did build the prancing pony, and when I did it (based on Tolkien's description) I fell in love with the horseshoe idea. I've only fiddled around with it (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Review of set 7017, Viking Catapult versus the Nidhogg Dragon

[LEGOSet 7017] 7017 (Castle) System / Vikings Viking Catapult versus the Nidhogg Dragon La catapulte des Vikings contre le dragon Nidhogg La Catapulta Vikinga contra el Dragon Nidhogg Ages 7-14. 225 Pcs. (C)2005. 35 page manual: 1 model (1 ballista, (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Automated Castle

Tired of lazy guards that just stand around all day? Bored of ghosts that offer no surprises? Want the portculis to open for you? Want to see one minifig whack another? Introducing the Automated Castle: (URL) with a video clip. Roy Nelson (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: Automated Castle

Some intriguing ideas there, I kept .technic in as I believe the operational mechanisms would have sufficent merit for discussion there. Would you care to share construction details with some of the designs - they look simple but I think there's (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Ok, THAT'S cool. How did you get the two towertop fighting figs to move sideways without falling off whatever they are attached to? (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

Very awesome Roy!!! I am very impressed. I especially like the fighting soldiers. - John "Roy Nelson" <legoroy@telus.net> wrote in message news:IsCoIw.16t1@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Automated Castle

WOW Roy! That's just superb! HUZZAH! I raise my goblet of mead to you and toast your fiendishly clever creativity! Excellent job with the video as well, those dissolves are very nice! Saved to my hard drive so I can show my friends! Dave S. "Roy (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Siege of Martindale Castle

(...) That is awesome. I have always prefered to equip my undead but you have enough of a horde that it doesn't matter. I love the battering ram and ladders. It's just so cool. -Mike Petrucelli (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Greetings Geoffrey, I have posted pictures of the various mechanisms: (URL) following is a verbal discription of the mechanisms. Be warned that some cutting, glueing and taping is used: Marching Soldiers: Two marching soldiers are dragged (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact