 Castle / 21139
21138  |  21140
Subject:
Vikings Discover America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:06:27 GMT

Greetings...

I apologize if this is old news. (I've been offline as some of you know and
actually knew little about this theme prior to this week.) But a very quick
search of the topic turned up little, so I felt it worth posting...

Last Friday I happened to stop at the local TRU (Holyoke, MA) to discover
display cases of Dino Attack and Vikings.  The Dinos look cheesy to me.  But the
Vikings!!!....

Struggling with a budget choice, I opted to start my collection of this theme
slowly.  I picked up one each of sets 7016 & 7017.  I like this theme a lot.
Although I argue it should be a sub-theme of Castle.  Minifigs and minifig
elements are on par with any previous sub-theme.  The dragons are really fun and
have great playability, even if they are mostly a combination of preformed and
Bionicle elements.  By far the best elements in the sets I picked up are the
shields (of which there's quite the variety in 7016 alone) and my favorite the
Axe Head.  The detachable axe head just simply rocks.  It can be placed on
short, medium, or long poles (I like it on the short).  And it is notched to
allow a seemless look for a double-axe.  That's just the coolest thing I've seen
in a while.  Can't wait to get more.

Curiously, each person at each of the four open registers were also buying Lego
Vikings when I went to check out!

Again, sorry if this is all old news to Lugnet.castle, but it's new to me.

So.  When is someone going to film a Capital One commercial (ala that Monty Python Lego video) ?   ...What's in Yer Wallet!?

:)

-Hendo