 Castle / 21141
Re: Vikings Discover America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 01:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd wrote:

Hey Hendo,

Good to ‘see’ you in .castle again... The vikings are (I hear) new to North America. They’ve been out here (in Ireland) for quite a while. I agree they are nice sets, pity about those KK2 swords...

Yes, I was also thrown off by the use of the KK swords. What exactly are those supposed to be modeled on anyway? I’ve gotten the impression they are totally a fantasy design. ...If that’s true, then I don’t much like them for use in Vikings. Sure the dragons and horned helmets are fantasy too, but I just don’t picture Norsemen with such blades. Axes and hammers, and maybe simple swords (like the older Castle sets had) would be better, IMO.

Then again, maybe they got their KK swords from pillaging far away lands...

-Hendo