 Castle / 21169
Re: Can't See The Forest For The Trees?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:12:30 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Neal wrote:
   Perhaps it is because the forest is blocked by these:-)

No, these aren’t from James Whitmore’s garden [1], they are part of the TCLTC’s next building phase!

There isn’t much to them in terms of building complexity, but I think that they have a cool effect, especially with figs in close proximity.

Just the facts:
  • They are quite heavy, so I needed to insert a stiff metal rod through them to give them enough support to stand.

  • They are composed of basically 5 sizes of “rings”. The pics basically tell the whole story, except here is my one little innovation: **Mutilation Alert** I didn’t like the thought of constantly refoliating the trees before and after every show because of delicate branch connections, so I cut flex tubing and inserted it in the branch joints, so as to make the bond between the 2 elements rather robust. You can see hints of some of the blue and black tubing HERE.

John..very cool.As for cutting the tubing MichLTC guys will tell ya a couple of years back I cut alot of that black tubing for my trees before I changed the design(now I’m stuck with alot of those cut up tubing)...but looks like I may have found a use again..good thing I kept them:-) Chris