 Castle / 19212
Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:21:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
And no castle has ever been anything except primarily gray or black since.

Which, when you think about it, isn't very realistic.  How many European castles
are white?  How many LEGO castles are?  Besides, as long as both greys are still
perma-changed, I'm not sure how popular grey castles would be with AFOLs right
now.

I'm not sure if this is a general expansion on your part, or you
miscontrueing what I said.

Hm, I think the latter might be the case.

"May not be the market that they are trying to appeal to" is shorthand for
Lego is going for the youngest children who can handle System.  I can't (and
don't) fault them at that level.  I have said many times before that Lego is
primarily a toy for children.

I apologize for jumping on your case about that.  My experience with comments
like yours has been largely of the "this isn't what I'd buy = they made a bad
business decision" variety.

I do not condemn the revival of the theme - I fault their execution of such
in regards to what Castle fans have asked for.

Like I said, though, give it time to breathe and see what develops in the next
few years.

It could be worse - just look at what they are about to do to the poor
Pirates line.

Do the hulls use the same pieces as the minifig versions?  If not, I'm sure the
ships themselves will be quite welcome by hardcore Pirate fans (and that red
scorpion would make a nice boiled fleebnork...), though the pirates themselves
will likely be tossed in some dark, dank basement corner.  If they use the same
hull pieces in the same colors, then yeah, they probably aren't likely to see a
huge popularity amongst Pirate AFOLs.