 Castle / 19210
Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:38:07 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West wrote:
I am sorry, but I do not see the statement anywhere in that post pointing to
the dissolution of Direct functions, service or business.

"So in order to ensure that the learning and benefit of LEGO Direct is
shared throughout the company, the various parts of this business are being
"mainstreamed" into other parts of the company (product development, Brand
Retail, and community development)."

It's a bit on the vague side, bit it sounds to me like LD was set up to prime
the pumps, as it were, and then the relevent bits and pieces will be absorbed
into the rest of the LEGO Company.

In fact, it seems to be that it is the model for the growth of the rest of
the company.

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily require the continued existence of LD as a
distinct and seperate entity.