 Castle / 1875 (+20)
  Re: More teeny shacks... Almost a villiage!

A few more comments -- that house interior looks really nice! Just begging for a table, some chairs, and some eating utensils. Maybe a ladder and loft for sleeping in? Since you asked, it's "medieval". ("mediaeval" and "mediæval" are also (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More teeny shacks... Almost a villiage!

(...) Oooo! I forgot about troughs... those might look really cool! I was thinking of a chicken coop/mini-shed type thing, but I never got around to it... I think I'll work on some more clutter, etc, tonight... I put two small barrels in the scene, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  a chicken (was "Re: More teeny shacks")

I've posted a ".DAT" file for a chicken that should be more to scale with minifig farmers. "(URL) let me know what you think. Thanks, Franklin (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Mysteries

This is all some good stuff, I hope that the kid doesn't reget selling it someday. I sure would have if I had ever sold my Lego. -David (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Evil character

Fellow brick junkies, All those posts about armies, races, Castle World and special characters inspired me to create a special leader for my dark forces. I haven't found the right name for him yet, but then again, he's not completey finished yet (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil character

(...) How 'bout just putting some 1x1 black plates on his feet? (...) I was thinking of using this same head on my "Shadow Master". I think it would look better if you scratch off the circular edges of his mouth, but definitely a cool wicked face. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil character

(...) <schnip> (...) 'Heavy Metal'. The guy who says "Death to all who oppose us!". if you want my vote, I think you should call him "Karrnaj" (say 'carnage'). *grin* -cheese (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Evil character

(...) Ooh, I had an idea; how about putting his torso on two or three black 1x2x1's (depending on how tall you want him; maybe experiment with 1x2 plates as well) and then clip yourself a long, black cape to fit for length? The cape would hide the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Mysteries

David Carriker wrote in message ... (...) He probably will regret it someday, but you know how teens have to have their cars... The good part for him is that he probably realized close to or over $2000 (he got over $1000 from me, $550 or so for (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set Mysteries

Well, I'm not so worried now. At least it sounds like he is informed. I would just hate to see him get ripped off and regret it later. -David (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More teeny shacks... Almost a villiage!

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) enough (...) the (...) in (...) Hideout-- (...) might (...) Those doors are fairly available on eBay, though usually in red, blue, or yellow. For a source of brown hinges (and a bunch of other usefull bits, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Different castle buildings...

I need a list of just about all castle buildings (and of course since I don't quite know all of them yet, any help would be appreciated). Here is what I have so far: City Village Castle Fortress Village House Market Cathedral Church Shop (Services) (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Update of my page (was:Re: Customs (was Re: Finally, I have a page!))

(...) Here it is, same URL, I updated the page: (URL) (...) Well, Richard wasn't so sure... I might add some details later. About the storyline, there will be much of it involved with my buildings. The stories I make up inspire me to make the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different castle buildings...

(...) Farm Not sure if this counts, but City Wall (?) (...) looks like you mentioned most of them... -Shiri (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Not quite ready for prime time... But here are some teasers

Well I said I would try and get some pic's up of my completed Church and my Peasant home tonight but I just have not had the time (Things are very crazy at home at the moment and that is a story for another time :). I did however put all my castle (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different castle buildings...

(...) You could also have University Stables Monestary Palace Temple Barracks House(shop downstairs living quarters upstairs very popular during period) light house(for sea port) Theater House Tavern(could be part of the Inn) Thats all I can think (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not quite ready for prime time... But here are some teasers

Hi Eric, I like your town scene a lot, the combination of the church, inn, market and houses is a winner! One pointer though; your pictures are a bit blurry. I suggest two things, depending on your problem: -If the reason for the blur is that you (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different castle buildings...

(...) Hmm... not sure there were too many of these back in those days. The Church mostly kept all information confidential and tried to withold scientific data from people until the Reneissance (sp?!), IIRC from history classes ;-) (...) Good ideas! (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More teeny shacks... Almost a villiage!

Nice work Dave... the chickens are a hoot! Oh, and re the question in the title: it's MEDIEVAL Kevin (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different castle buildings...

You *do* need a mill. -- Paul Davidson Pawel Nazarewicz <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:FovF0p.CoG@lugnet.com... (...) don't (...) need a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact