 Castle / 1876
Re: More teeny shacks... Almost a villiage!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:34:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Paul Davidson writes:
Very, very nice, David!

A few suggestions -- I agree that there needs to be more "clutter", and that
the 5 houses might look better cloistered in a circle.  A few little sheds,
stables, and troughs (for water and feed) would definitely add to the
village feel.  Maybe even some barrels and market stands.  Some more
greenery might be nice too...maybe surrounding the hamlet.

Oooo! I forgot about troughs... those might look really cool! I was thinking of
a chicken coop/mini-shed type thing, but I never got around to it... I think
I'll work on some more clutter, etc, tonight...

I put two small barrels in the scene, but I didn't want to just add a lot of
one item... although some of the large barrels with 'stuff' in them for sale
might look pretty neat...

As for greenery... well... I wasn't really sure what to do... I used all the
flower bases I could find, and two bushes... but I hesitated to put more bushes
in the center, for fear that it might look silly... what I'd REALLY like is to
make a huge tree and set that off in the background behind a house... as is it
should be more in the center of town where no trees/bushes grow, rather than
out in the sticks... Anyway, thanks for the ideas!

DaveE