 Castle / 1878
Re: Set Mysteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:01:52 GMT

This is all some good stuff, I hope that the kid doesn't reget selling it
someday.  I sure would have if I had ever sold my Lego.

-David

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
In dealing with this huge pile of LEGO bricks I bought from a kid entering
his dark ages, I have some left over castle walls that I can't tie to a set:

11 3x3x6 black corners
3 1x5x6 black walls w/window
6 1x5x6 grey walls w/window
1 1x5x6 grey wall w/window and random stone printing

I think two of the grey walls go to a 6041 (I saw a black sword)

I really need to finish up the rest of the identifiable castle sets so I can
see what minifigs I have left over since that would give a better clue. I
have a feeling these all go to smaller sets, but maybe there's one more good
sized castle there.

Minifig wise I have:

12 red torso, blue arms, crossed axes (like from 6080)
6 red torsos, blue arms, lion (like from 6080, 2 have lost gold printing)
6 red torsos, blue arms, armor (like from 6080)
1 red torso, black arms, armor
3 black torso, black arms, armor
2 blue torso, black arms, armor
1 blue torso, red arms, armor (very worn)
3 blue torso, black arms, split eagle (like from 6074)
1 green torso, red arms, red forester notched printing
1 brown torso, brown arms, wolfpack
1 green torso, green arms, peasant printing
1 grey torso, blue arms, peasant printing

There are some catapults and other small sets like that which will suck up
some of the minifigs. There is obviously one, perhaps two, newer sets but
otherwise, everything seems to be 6080/6074 timeframe.

For a little while, I thought I had 2 more 6066 (2 copies of the
instructions were sitting in my pile of unprocessed instructions), and it
looked like I had the walls to them, but obviously I don't have the
minifigs.

Of course I could always give it up and just sort the parts into my bins,
but I'm hoping to build as many sets as possible, so I can identify some of
the sets from themes I'm less interested in, which I don't have instructions
for, so I can sell them (I know I will be selling some space sets, though
I'm also keeping some).

Frank