 Castle / 18700 (+100)
  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Dave, I know what you mean about large constructions with lateral and top weight. Here is the link to my overly large castle (mind you, it's a little too big): (URL) you go up a link, you can see the progress on the building all the way down (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) Josh! Excellent MOC! I really like to see MOCs where folks have planned out an entire 'scene' not just built a building. The whole construcion looks just really fun to play with. Are you planning on doing the surrounding hillsides or other (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  How useful Will this Be????

(URL) a new starwars set. That thing the Troopes Rideing sooooo cool.The Alien (forgot name) is awsone. plus sand bricks cups galore and the old school Luke And Obiwon. Danny Vendezzz (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) Hey Dave! Thanks for the comments, glad you like Bub. I'm not currently planning on building the rest of the landscape. It would be trees and hills for miles all around. No, I didn't put in a damsel in distress. You are the second to mention (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Wizards Tower, talking about height and weight problems!

For the discussion on raising a model -- you can get a lot of weight on just a few bricks (at least the thing has not fallen off the table yet. Link: (URL) the Color issue (I must get a copy of that O' Fortuna track) I am hoarding all the classic (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizards Tower, talking about height and weight problems!

(...) Holy Cow! Now that is huge and black! Words fail me...did you have this all planned out or did it just grow into the immenseness that it is? Oh, how about an interior? Man, that is a lot of black...have you weighed it? Josh (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizards Tower, talking about height and weight problems!

(...) Josh -- Good grief! Put the thing on a scale? *laugh* I think it's well over 100 lbs, but I am not sure. When it comes down to the design as a whole, it just kind of dropped out of my head. I am pretty lucky a lot of the exterior detail has (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizards Tower, talking about height and weight problems!

Dave, That's an incredible model! I looked back at its evolution and am very impressed with how fast you got it done. Can your camera take bigger pictures? I would like to see a few larger shots of the model to really do it justice. How accessible (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizards Tower, talking about height and weight problems!

(...) Pawel, Thanks for the comments! When I built the tower, I left the entire back side open. So, each room has a big hole in the back you can see into / get your hand & arm into. Yeah, some of the floors are deep enough you are in literaly up to (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) and when I hear 'farm or fiefdom' I think <swoon>'Oooooh'</swoon> James (who would like to read too much into that comment) Stacey (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) LOL! I havn't laughed so hard in a long time. How True! On so many levels! -gyug Lugnet Member #9 (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Contraction is also when two words are combined with an apostrophe. For example: don't, can't, won't, and shouldn't Those sound like appropriate words. (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Clear Horses? Clear Minifigs?

(...) Hey Kevin, Everything about it screams "clone". See you, Joshua (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Clear Horses? Clear Minifigs?

(...) I heard somewhere that those pieces were stuff that Lego rejected and did not make it to final production. Basically "prototype" pieces and parts. In other words VERY VERY VERY RARE. (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Clear Horses? Clear Minifigs?

(...) Read the rest of the 5 month old thread. The parts are explained here: (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  New C-C Article: Ovoid Shields and Stickers

Hey all, I've finished my third sticker article. 22 different ovoid shield designs. I think it's time for me to retire from the sticker design business. You can find the article (URL) HERE>. --Anthony (URL) The Kingdom of Ikros> (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: New C-C Article: Ovoid Shields and Stickers

(...) What a wonderful job! Well done! And thanks for providing us with this great gaming aide. -- Don (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New C-C Article: Ovoid Shields and Stickers

(...) All right, Anthony!! That is spectacular. I do hereby name you Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Outfitters (a new faction, of course). Your responsibilities include but are not limited to doing this fantastic work to outfit our armies with all (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: New C-C Article: Ovoid Shields and Stickers

(...) I have 20 of the rather generic Fright Knights horse bardings that need a template. Please postpone your retirement for one more project! Great job on the oval shields. I knew that stocking in some of the Amerindian shields for cheap would pay (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) I am, and I'm ready! This is also on the Contest page, but I thought I would post it here for comments. A band of cutthroats attacks our swordsman Hero... (URL) downed one opponent, he stares another straight in the eye for a split second (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

I store my 2x4 bricks by making them into like-colored 4x4 stacks and then throwing all of these together into a bucket, so it is very fast for me to just take these 4x4 stacks as support columns. I also sometimes make stacks of rectangular BURPs as (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Hay Cart Instructions

Hi Everyone, I posted photo instructions of my Hay Cart moc that I made for my "City Gate". (URL) I know the photos are a bit fuzzy and I may fix it in the future. Let me know what you think of the cart. Thanks, Ben E. (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Wool Shop

Hi, I have just posted my wool shop moc to Brickshelf. The CCC got me to dust off my bricks and start building :) The shop features a barn for the sheep with a small living area for the workers in the loft. The shop is guarded by two loyal soldiers. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Wool Shop

(...) before and after shots of the sheep shearing. Bruce (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Two small MOCs

Just a couple of small MOCs that are castle-themed: (URL) is an alternate model from 4727 Aragog in the Dark Forest. I was inspired by a model on the back of the box that used a spider web on a hinge to make a door. (3 pics of model at bottom of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Medieval Shops: Medium Blue, Tan, Sand Blue, Light Yellow, Maersk Blue

Five more shops. Three built with other people's bricks, three different blues, a light yellow three-story and the rough draft of the bookshop. (3 URLs) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX) !!

  Re: Wool Shop

Hi James, Your wool shop looks great. I like the old system style creations. This has nice details and great colors! Ben (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Who shaves the barber?

Every village needs a barber, and a barber needs a shop. (URL) I present for your approval my first CCC building, a barber shop. This building was done in light yellow (that I got from Billund) as the upper story color, at the urging of Jason (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Seeking session/expo coordinators for sculpture/mosaic, castle, mindstorms/technic/robotics

The BrickFest PDX organizing committee is seeking session/expo volunteers for the following areas: Sculpture/Mosaic Castle Mindstorms/Technic/Robotics These are important areas that don't yet have dedicated coordinators. If you're planning to attend (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: Wool Shop

(...) Very nice. As others have said it has a real LEGO set feel to it. And a great set at that. I like the battlements on top of the barn. Good work. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Who shaves the barber?

(...) Nice! The lego knife cracks me up. I don't think we'll see lego straight-edges anytime soon. I would love to see all these buildings side to side in a massive layout at a Brickfest. What month will Brickfest 2004 happen? -- Pawel (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  MichLUG to display at 1st Annual Midwest Lego Train Show

MichLUG will be displaying at the 1st Annual Midwest Lego Train Show in Wheaton, IL the weekend of December 6th & 7th, from 9am till 4pm. MichLUG will display a 5ft by 10ft Castle/Pirate layout as well as a 10ft by 15ft Train/Town layout. MichLTC's (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Who shaves the barber?

(...) Probably not. I was snickering a lot while trying to get the knife in just the right spot, I can tell you. (...) I would love to see that too! It would so totally rock! (...) February 13-15 ... and whoever coordinates Castle could certainly (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets

Hello, I've been working on a couple of trebuchets. My first attempt was for the Black Falcons. It is very mobile and has a hanging counterweight. Here is the folder: (URL) Links Back:(URL) Crusader's Trebuchet is not quite as mobile and features a (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets

(...) DUDE! Those are TOO AWESOME! I am DEFINATELY stealing those designs. Actually, I'm going to steal the Crusader's design with the Falcon's counterweight (I love swinging counterweights, I just think they look cool when firing). I also love your (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets

(...) Really, I'm interested to find out. I've been thinking of making a trebuchet (cause they are cool), and your designs are very nice. -Lenny (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon and Crusader Trebuchets

(...) It fires, but not very well. I messed around with the black falcon version for an hour or two. I got the projectile to release early and then not release at all. I think the key is in the pouch and sling. Minifig hair doesn't really cut it :) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon and Crusader Trebuchets

Thanks for the compliments! (...) I worked for quite awhile to get the falcon version to work. I can get good velocity on the sling by adding larger counterweights, but the projectile either flys out too early or sticks in the pouch. I think with a (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wool Shop

Thanks for the compliments! I was going for the official LEGO set feel with this creation and am glad that it came across that way. James (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Working Black Falcon Trebuchet

Alright, I made some changes to the black falcon trebuchet and got it to fire properly. It currently will throw a 1x2 round brick about 2 ft ahead. I have an 2 second (300k) avi if someone wants to host it. I looked up some info on the sling ((URL) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Shops: Medium Blue, Tan, Sand Blue, Light Yellow, Maersk Blue

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HpAos5.1yEG@lugnet.com... (...) blues, (...) (URL) (...) (URL) (...) Very nice Jason the Maersk Blue one is my fave. the multi leveled roof looks really good and it (as well as the others) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Shops: Medium Blue, Tan, Sand Blue, Light Yellow, Maersk Blue

(...) Thanks James. I have to say that I really like that multi-level roof too. A few more are on the way. I look forward to seeing your next building. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Two Castle village creations

Christmas came a little early for me this year. I found the HP 4728 Escape from Privet Drive on sale and was able to complete a cottage I've had partially completed since about August, and found the digital camera I'd asked my wife to get me for (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Two Castle village creations

"Joel jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net> wrote in message news:HpDI5t.1z2A@lugnet.com... (...) complete a (...) digital (...) kindly let (...) family in (...) still (...) (URL) (...) (URL) (...) holes (...) fill one (...) stripes (...) stand (...) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets

Hi James, These are great trebuchets! I really like the counterweights and the sling using minifig hair - very clever. Both trebuchets look like they could be from the middle ages. Great job! Ben (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Two Castle village creations

Hi Joel, Both of these houses/shops are nice. I like the pottery shop because of the angled facade. I have wanted to try that for a long time. Details like the bed, the kiln, and the pots are nice. Ben (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Two Castle village creations

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey wrote: SNIP (...) Heh. Yeah, it's been a very long time since I've built anything. I have several hundred minifigs all sorted out in Castle(esque) regalia, all my military factions standing at attention, all my Kings, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon and Crusader Trebuchets

In lugnet.castle, James Brink wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> I'm not much of a "Castle guy," but I love trebuchets. Yours are definitely medieval-looking, although kinda small for scale (but isn't most everything in minifig scale?). Suggestions for (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Two Castle village creations

(...) Hi Ben! Thanks for the compliments. I hope you do try an angled facade as I'd love to see what ideas you, or others, come up with. I know there are a ton of other methods that could be used. I had a lot of fun furnishing and detailing the shop (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Functional Black Falcon Trebuchet

Hi, I actually got an experimental version to work after my original post. See this post: (URL) I had to change the sling and I used a minifig hand for the release pin :) It had just the right angle. I can throw a good five feet by adding even more (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets

(...) SNIP! (...) SNIP! James I really like both of these - they're incredibly cool. The fact that they're (mostly/fully) functional is just too perfect for words. Of the two, I like the BF Treb the best but then I've always been a BF sympathizer. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Working Minifig Scale Trebuchet

Hello, I've modified my Black Falcon Trebuchet ((URL) actually throw 1x2 round bricks. A good throw is around five feet. Here is a short clip of the action that classic-castle.com has been kind enough to host. Thanks guys! (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Working Minifig Scale Trebuchet

(...) James, this is awesome! If I were you, I'd write a How-To article about your experiences building these minifig scale trebuchets that could be posted on Classic-Castle and Lugnet. *wink* wink* Good job, none-the-less.. makes me want to build (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Working Minifig Scale Trebuchet

(...) I could do this if there is enough interest out there. James (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Working Minifig Scale Trebuchet

(...) Picks jaw off floor. Falls over and rolls on floor, laughing. That's amazing! Spotlighted. But what are 1x2 round bricks??? (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Working Minifig Scale Trebuchet

(...) Count me as an interested party. On this note, I won't be at any upcoming Brickfest or Brickfest PDX, but a fun activity would be to have a catapult/trebuchet contest (with prizes for distance and accuracy) like TexLUG had at a meeting this (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Working Minifig Scale Trebuchet

(...) Oops... No idea what I was thinking :) I meant "Brick 1 x 1 Round" to use peeron terms. James (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Working Minifig Scale Trebuchet

(...) I am definitely interested. This would make a great article. I love these siege weapons! Ben (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Sanitary?...no way...Necessary?...You becha! (New MOC)

Toilet, privy, call it what you must, they all serve the same purpose. (2 URLs) PLMKWYT! (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  cool content...

I just wanted to comment that it was very hard to decide what to pick out an article to highlight on the top of the side-bar. There have been several good submissions. Thank you to Jason Spears and Larry P. for your CCC-compliant buildings. (I love (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  A big plain tan tower (New MOC)

Hi All, (2 URLs) Streching the limit on how many tan 2x2 corner bricks I own, I built this run-of-the-mill MOC. PLMKWYT! (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  First pictures from Cantigy

The Northern Illinois Lego Train Club welcomes all to the Cantigny Lego show. With four operating train layouts and other displays this is the largest Lego show ever to hit the midwest! If you can join us on Sunday please do! Pictures from Saturday (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events, lugnet.castle)

  King Arthur and his Knights

Hi everyone, I have embarked on a project that I have thought about for a long time. So I present to you a beginning of "The Story of King Arthur and his Knights" (URL) This version is based on the book by Howard Pyle (which being published a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Elves Forest

Hi everybody, Just wanted to reveal my 1st entry to the 'Colossal Castle Contest' Elves Forest (2 URLs) As always praises or/and criticize are both more then welcome (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Catapult

Hi everybody, After lastweek James Brink’s Trebuchets (which is great BTW) I started building a catapult myself. After the great war that Castle become Bionicles I toyed and built a catapult from Technic/Bionicles parts. I'm proud to present my 2nd (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: First pictures from Cantigy

(URL) alot, I really appreciate you showing the shot of my mecha :) Also, the rest of the shots from the show are great, i love the acme bricks one!!! (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Elves Forest

(...) Quite excellent! All together the set looks really 'playable.' How long did it take you to get the tree the way you liked it? Also, is that hair from the Harry Potter figs? That does indeed make a realistic Elf! Dave O (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC: Medieval(?) house

(...) like a real place with real purpose. The architecture is solid, especially in including an enclosed courtyard and stable, and the entrances don't look just 'stuck' there - they look as if they have reasons for being there. Very nice, and (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

"the black sword" <yarondor@012.net.il> wrote in message news:HoLD29.GEz@lugnet.com... (...) about (...) new (...) 2004 harry potter set minifigs will have quote endquote "more natural skin tones" good idea or not? personally I'm against it. Figs (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Elves Forest

(...) Hi Dave, Cool, thanks. I thought I'll go with something in the style that TLC makes. (...) Somewhere around a few days. I was inspired by LEGO pirates sets and set 6079 alot. (URL) (...) All the Elves hair are made from the 3 standard shapes (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) Hi James, basically I think it could have been a great idea if TLC made them 25 years ago (or so) like that, but doing something like that now probably won't effects kids so much, but for us AFOLs I don't think it's a good idea. Does anyone (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter, FTX)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) Can you source that quote before we get all spun up? Thanks! (...) Not. (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Forestman's Tavern

Hello, A forestman and his wife have convinced the crusaders to let them open up a small tavern inside the castle wall. Here are some pics: Folder: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Forestman's Tavern

"James Brink" <brinkjm@purdue.edu> wrote in message news:HpL18F.1u9I@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) (URL) (...) Back:(URL) (...) Inside:(URL) (...) Thats great James. It made me laugh when I saw it had a standard wall on the back. Nice touch The little (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Catapult

(...) But all those are useful Technic parts. Not a single Bionicle part as far as I can tell... Well done BTW, I like the rubberband holder thinige made of the 1x1 round plates. (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) I think we're going to see a new trend for LEGO where minifigs based on real people or movie characters will have skin colors to more closely match the person they are trying to look like. I think it would be great if minifigs all had more (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Catapult

(...) Hi Tobbe, I guess you're right, they are definitely more Technic parts then Bionicles, though I think Bionicles do use some of those parts too. It's not like I'm supporting TLC with that decision anyway. (...) I glad you liked it and thanks (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Medieval(?) house

(...) Thanks! (...) Actually, there's not so much conscious thought, probably more of a long background process. I have wanted to build something like it for a long time, and finally I just sat down a couple of evenings and built. My limited amount (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Products see?

Leak.... Save 'em while they're still there im sure they will be gone shortly (18 URLs) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Products see?

Thanks for the leaks! Unfortunately, no good castle sets there.... The pirate sets looked interesting until I looked closer at the figures. BTW, congrats to .space! There is a "pod" set! -Aaron "matt doyle" <parisinflames08@yahoo.com> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)

  Re: 2004 Products see?

"Aaron Muhl" <Aaron_Muhl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HpM8DI.22vI@lugnet.com... (...) thankyouthankyouthan...outhankyou I've been trying to see Xpod pics for a very long time. Now I'm trying to figure out what the lid is. At first glance it (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)

  Re: Catapult

Hello! This is my first post anywhere on LugNet. I'm going to admit two things right from the start. One, I don't have anywhere near as much time as I'd like to build, or parts to use if I did have the time. And, second, I'm not anywhere near the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Catapult

(...) Hi Dave. First of all welcome to Lugnet and more importent welcome to the Castle Group. I'm honored that you chose your first post as a replay to mine. (...) We all started somewhere you know. (...) Maybe this will help: 1. Look at this (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Two Castle village creations

(...) Nice MOC's. I like the non-rectangular structure and roof lines. I'd suggest trying to insert grey 1x1 round bricks around the windows in the top of the pottery store, to try closing it in. Keep up the good work. Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Products see?

It looks like the trans-orange antennae on the side of the 8380 race set (1st race set listed): (...) is a new, shorter size antenna. Anyone else think so? David "Fuzzy" Gregory (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Products see?

(...) What you got there is a regular sized antenna, put through a 1x1 cone, and then through the hole on a 1x1 clip/holder/thingy. You can see the butt of the antenna on the other side. Most defenitly a regular sized antenna. It would be nice to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  So very Good!

~This is so good it hurts… (URL) need TLC to make more minifig sets like this: (URL) cavalry sets like this: (URL) not jus’ pile-on smack-loads of accessories and allow vast amounts of conversions to be had. Excellent job to the creator of these (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  wierd things are afloat at Shop@Home regarding Castle...

Reading the question and answer session with Jake and Kate with the guys from Germany... it prompted me to see the latest selection for castle from Shop@Home. I noticed something very wierd. The USA version has 10000 Guarded Inns still available, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: So very Good!

(...) Which "minimalist-accessories" sets would those be? 4811, which comes with one complete 'fig, two crossbows, and a shield? 6054, with two 'figs, a bow, a sword, three spears, and two shields? Any random Castle set of which I can think has *at (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: So very Good!

(...) Thanks for the compliments Richard, I rarely post additions to my galleries, so it was nice to hear a compliment. It would be nice if Lego started producing minifig packs again. Even if the figs weren't overly laden with weapons, you could at (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So very Good!

(...) Hey, no problem! Your creations are worthy of the attention. BTW, just how many Castle minifigs do you have altogether. I think you may just have more than i do... (I've only got around 1180 Castle minifigs in my army) Till then, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So very Good!

(...) Indeed, there are always exceptions to the rule. (...) Then perhaps i should have clarified... My qualms reside with the fact that TLC has a huge selection of various pieces from years of inventory from countless system sets. It is IMHO that (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: wierd things are afloat at Shop@Home regarding Castle...

(...) I think that the general European buyers (not AFOLs) may have better taste in sets. So they buy out the great set and not the average castle with a raised base plate and poops. I can see why American parents would buy their child a castle (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: wierd things are afloat at Shop@Home regarding Castle...

(...) Thanks for pointing this out Ben. It looks as though we Downunder(Australia) have also lost the privellidge to purchase 10000 through S@H. This is a shame, as this set is only available to Australia through S@H. We dont have Lego outlets or (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Two Castle village creations

In lugnet.castle, Tim Strutt wrote: SNIPPED (...) Hi Tim. Thanks! I know what you're saying about the windows, but unfortunately there isn't really a way to do it for either of those windows without a major rebuild of the roofline. The dormer window (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  humble request regarding Brickshelf

Hi. There are those whose Brickshelf accounts are quite obvious who they are, as in Dave Ohare = DaveOhare etc. There are those, including mine (medib) whose name is not so obvious. In light of the recent change at Brickshelf.com regarding account (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: humble request regarding Brickshelf

(...) The reasons that have been stated elsewhere (no time to dig now but try looking in threads hung off lugnet.announce.brickshelf) is actually related to privacy considerations. (don't want to debate the validity of that here either, go find the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  does anyone know who built this?

Hi, I was doing my weekly scanning of the Castle section on Brickshelf, and seen this near the top. It looks like this has just been submitted. (URL) Does anyone know who built it? Personally, I think it looks absolutely gorgeous. Its a good MOC for (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Working ballista and onager

Hello, I have just completed my working ballista and onager. Both use technic rubber bands for power. The balck falcon ballista can be seen here: (URL) It can launch a 1x1 round brick several feet. Deep Links (URL) crusader onager can be seen here: (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: humble request regarding Brickshelf

(...) snip (...) I would gladly change my username (1) if Brickshlef provided a way of doing that. I would also tidy up my folders considerably if there was a way of doing that :) (2) please please please can we have a folder move function (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact