 Castle / 18775
Re: HP new sets ???????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:23:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

2004 harry potter set minifigs will have quote endquote "more natural skin
tones"
good idea or not?
personally I'm against it. Figs should be Yellow and have a classic smiley
face dammit
:)

I think we're going to see a new trend for LEGO where minifigs based on real
people or movie characters will have skin colors to more closely match the
person they are trying to look like.

I think it would be great if minifigs all had more realistic skin colors than
yellow, but the minifig was invented back when Yellow was the only color even
close to looking like skin.

If they are going to start using natural skin tones on Harry Potter, it's
probably only a couple years before they do that on all minifigs, just like
custom faces which began on Pirates eventually filtered into all minifigs.

Personally, I think it will be better than the classic yellow smileys, except
for the fact that many people already have dozens, hundreds, or thousands of the
yellow smileys already.

Of course, it's just a rumor right now, but every rumor I've heard about the
2004 sets has proven itself to be true so far.