 General / 44648
Re: New 2004 Sets!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2004
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:34:22 GMT

<snip>

Oh, and it appears as though half the Spider-Man sets are Jack-Stone… sadly.

I counted 2 out of 7 sets to be Jack Stone.  I think it's a good
idea--especially with younger children that like Spiderman, but don't have the
assembly skills or patience to build the system sets--not to mention some
families have kids who are old enough for the regular system bricks--but have
little brothers and sisters who are likely to put small pieces in their mouth.
That way, the kids can still have their Lego Spider-man set with a little less
risk on his/her younger siblings.

I think that's a better marketing move than having the kids turn around at
Wal-Mart and go for the Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles Megablocks...or going
for the Kubrick figure sets...

And as much as some afol's don't like Jack Stone--it's quite popular from what
people have told me and what I've observed....

Scott