 Castle / 18781
Re: Catapult
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:19:18 GMT

Hello!

This is my first post anywhere on LugNet. I’m going to admit two things right from the start. One, I don’t have anywhere near as much time as I’d like to build, or parts to use if I did have the time. And, second, I’m not anywhere near the level af anyone I’ve seen on here when it comes to building, though I’d definetely like to be. Now, on to the comments.

   After lastweek James Brink’s Trebuchets (which is great BTW) I started building a catapult myself. After the great war that Castle become Bionicles I toyed and built a catapult from Technic/Bionicles parts.

I’m trying to put together a ballista myself, now especially, since two other people have completed other ideas I’ve had, and completed them extremely well to boot.

   But I really liked it in Tan or Light Brown or something so due that LEGO never created those parts in those colors, I made a render of it in Tan as well.

I believe that the Destroyer Droid set from Technic inludes many of the parts you’re looking for. Perhaps not in the exact color (Dark Brown me thinks), but, if you were to use those parts instead of the white, and Grey or Dark Grey pulleys for the wheels I think you might hit closer to the look you want.

I have only one critque, and that would be to try to incorporate some kind of winch and hook to pull the bucket down for firing. And if you could take this idea one step further (I couldn’t say myself how you could manage it, that’s why I say “if you could”) try to add a release mechanism to the winch also.

Fine job you’ve done on a catapult though, something that makes you wonder why TLC never thought of producing sets like that themselves.