 Castle / 16533
Re: Chapter 2, plus 2 MOCs, too
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 06:42:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:

Thanks much!  I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

My apologies for the lack of posting this week...
School, life and *gasp* reality caught up with
me again...

I did take the extra few minutes to check out
your additions, Anthony. As always, stellar
job, and another presing reason for myself to
stop procrastinating and take pictures of my
chapters for once!

Thanks much!  I hope I don't finish my story before you finally get to yours! ;)

Thanks again.  Unfortunately, I am quickly becoming
discouraged with my story and in my website in
general.

I hope this isn't a harbinger for any rash
actions to come...remember, every artist
is going to have their set of critics...the
best thing is to shrug off the illegitimate
complaints and concentrate on positive
suggestions...

Remember when I posted chapter four of
Anachronistic Skies and got a whole
lot of 'Err...that's not making any sense'
questions...

Aye, I rememeber.  Don't worry about me, I'm not going to give up, not just yet
anyway.

Ever since my website was Slashdotted, I've
recieved countless emails, online messages
and website and 'blog' links that constantly
complain about my poor writing ability, poor
implimentation of my website and story, and
my blatent ripping off of The Lord of the Rings
Trilogy.

My advice would be to step back, take
a deep breath and ignore any statements
of malice...reading the comments about
your story on slashdot, most of them seem
to be written by 'anonymous cowards', and
half of them having little or nothing to
do with your story gives me the impression
that the site has little credibility to
start with.

To get some viable opinions, you might want
to bring this to a writer's forum.
I'm not an authority on writing either,
and I bet a lot of my stories make little
sense to the average person, so take my
comments as you see fit. Hmm...but speaking
of Tolkein, maybe your predicament is one
of the reasons I have abstained from reading
his works...I just don't want to risk it...

I've never thought about taking my story to a writer's forum.  Then again, if I
did, I'm afraid of what I might get back.  I just might get back the same
criticism with reasons to back up their dislike of it.  ;)  Then again...

I do try my best to not let these things get to
me, but there is only so many things that I can
read before I begin to wonder if they're seeing
something wrong with what I am doing that I do
not.  It also makes me wonder perhaps if I should
have stopped with just one story and moved on to
something else.

Hmm...well, I'm just going to propose a theory...
maybe the geeks at slashdot have a different
interpretation than most normal people would,
that being of hatred towards anything they
wouyld preceive to infringe on their interests.
So someone has an imagination to write and
they dont...it's part jealousy, part acrimony,
and mostly immaturity. If they can't justify
one good reason why they feel your work cannot
perform up to par on writing or implementation,
I would personally disregard their argument
immediately.

I do my best to do just that, and it would be easy if it wasn't just people
from Slashdot.  But who knows, maybe it's not slashdot, maybe there's just a
type of people that slashdot just happens to cater to.

But don't worry though, I'll at least put all
I have into Chapter 3, and I will still try
my best to finish this story, just as I
finished the first.

That's the fighting spirit! Keep at it!

Anyway, forgive my ramblings.  I guess
sometimes we all need to vent our frustrations
in public.

And I've done so, many times...

And thanks for the feedback.

No problem...I just hope you
found my comments (somewhat) useful.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Creations

Lugnet's support of me has always made me feel better about situations like
these.  I'll do my best to keep my chin up.

And thanks for the feedback

--Anthony