 Castle / 13900 (+100)
  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Maybe this is a stupid question, but does "Or" have a jargon-meaning? Or is it just 'or', used in an unusually-constructed phrase? I'll add this information to the ldraw parts keywords. If y'all have any other castle-y goodness to add to the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Or = gold Dave! (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Dr Carney Update- Castle Fidduan

(...) That one has been up for a few months at least, but it is still a great castle. ;) Great sheep, too. :) Jeff (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) So this part (URL) be "Or, A lion Salient Azure"? Steve (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Gold. :) Almost all of the heraldric terms come from old French. Salient is derived old French for leaping or jumping; Or is old (and current) french for gold. (...) Will do. Is there specific info you're looking for, or should I just shout if (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Yup, exactly right. If you want to get *stunningly* technical, "real" heraldry omits any punctuation at all(1), but I find it a real pain to read that way. thanks, James 1:technically "Or, A Lion Salient Azure" should be "Or a lion salient (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Well, heraldry terms and technical names for objects are always good. I'm looking for any words that people might reasonably use to search for a part. You can check the patterned parts on these pages: (URL) you click the link on each (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Ok. I'll work on building the proper heraldric terms for the various blazons in use. I'll bug my wife, and see if she can give me some of the terminology for some of the clothing indicated on the torso patterns (although most of those, I (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) Very good! :) (...) That's all we ask. It doesn't have to be complete -- if there's no good term for brown, then we don't have any data to add for it. Brown is brown. (...) If you could email them to me in bunches, that'd be great. Steve (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) By the way--are you going to make it to Pennsic this year, you crazy medieval geek?!? Dave! (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  New Lego Accessories

Dude, thank-you! Thank you for actualizing all of our collective concepts regardin' the holsters and other minifig accessory armaments!!! =P (URL) actual created arm & leg guards that I (as well as many among us) have only scantly fathomed few times (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Alas poor Yoric

Don't know if people have already seen this (URL) nicely done -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Alas poor Yoric

(...) Wow, cool, thanks for the link! George (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)

(...) the new Megabloks sets and now I see there are some excellent ones already here. Thanks for posting the link Aaron! I saw that my Brickshelf page had gotten almost 2000 hits and had only been public for 2 days so I knew something was up :) (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry Terms

(...) This is all going into the keywords search info, so stunningly technical is probably more than I'll deliver on. :) Steve (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dev)

  New Explore sets, 3615

The new Explore sets are now promoted in Denmark; TRU has some of them on sale, e.g. 3615 Theatre. I don't like all the cardboards - they won't last long in the hands of a 3-year old. Anyway, there are some nice things in this set, such as swords (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.castle)

  Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)

(...) I picked up a couple tins of these Mega Bloks Dragons guys last night. I got six warriors, six shields, 16 funky weapons, and two little mini sets with about 20 grey 2x4 bricks and some specialty wall pieces, for about $10. Despite the above (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Say it ain't so...

Yeah, I knew this question was going to be asked sooner or later, so I guess I'll have to ask it now. You see, I took a trip to my local wal-mart the other day to pick up some school supplies (and hopefully some extra sets to stock up on), when I (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Hi Matt, I wholeheartedly sympathize with you. There are no classic style town, space, castle, or pirate sets to be found in the retail stores. It is both sad and annoying. (...) I completely agree with you on this. Why must Lego constantly (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Which is fairly normal for the summer as stores clear out stock in anticipation for big pre-holiday orders. Summer is generally the slowest time for toys as there are no major gift-giving holidays. (...) Uh, pardon me for asking, but what rock (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

Howdy! LEGO is simply not interested in cornering the building toy market, or at least can't figure out how since 1997s slide into tepid product. Fisher Price, Mega Blocks, Best Lock and a myriad of other companies are stealing what should be TLCs (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Well, this is particularly new for me, because I don't go a a TRU every other weekend. Even during the holiday season, It's hard to find good sets at a decent price. Heck, most of the newer lines are too juniorized or overspecizliaed, and (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

"Michael Arrighi" <michael_arrighi5543...yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H0L9FC.4JE@lugnet.com... (...) <big snip> (...) that (...) asked (...) want (...) There was a time when TLC _defined_ what the latest fad was - Pirates were a huge hit, but I (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Actually most Star Wars and other Science Fiction type vehicles use some form of anti-gravity. Thus negating the the need for lifting surfaces like wings. As for Star Wars stuff never sustaining itself in a proper atmosphere . . . um, have you (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Harry Potter, Alpha Team, Studios and Life on Mars are all available in stores, though LOM will probably be gone soon. I've seen a few Sculptures at TRU. I completely agree with the point of this post, though. I buy all of my LEGO from stores. (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Anti-gravity boosters? Well, I suppose that could be a reality too, but depending on the atmosphere, It might need a different design if it isn't to fly down like a rock. The Jedi Starship has a really odd design, and I'm not sure how it could (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Really? Where is your local TRU located? I've seen some HP and Alpha Team stuff still around, but most of the original lines are gone already, in fact, I was going to pick out one of those awesome Alpha Team helicopters, but I couldn't find (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) The problem is that Lego direct can't sell in stores. I don't know if Lego inteded this, but it's the truth. They can only sell online. Otherwise, I quite agree with you. -JHK (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) You serious? What circumstances cannot allow lego to sell through the retail outlet, but not online? Since the last time I checked, the only way to get some legends sets or accessory packs was to fly to tbe nearest lego land, or buy online. A (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Alas poor Yoric

(...) That's great! I've got a couple of Hamlet scenes on my website at: (URL) I'll try to do a whole Shakespeare play sometime. Bruce (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) You could *look*, but LoM was discontinued last year... --Bill. (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) The theory goes that Space Port was a town sub-theme, and LoM was what happened when the Space Port guys made it to Mars. The supposed reason was that LEGO had to agree not to make any non-SW space sets when they made the deal with SW. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) That's why they call it Lego Direct. As in, direct to the customer. Not through a retailer. Lego makes more money on each set sold that way, so they can afford smaller production runs (which cost more). The sets that are unique to Lego Direct (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) I was just at a Target in Los Angeles yesterday and saw a bunch of Alpha Team and Harry Potter stuff. I don't know if you'll find the AT helicopters very easily. This year's release of AT stuff is all based around submarine vehicles. Some are (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) I guess you haven't seen the petition I started a while ago: (URL) would love to get it to Lego, it's just I only have about 25 people on the list! I need everybody's help so this can convince TLC to bring back the sets we love. If you want to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Okay, really look at those old Space LEGO sets (which I LOVE!), their design is WORSE for anything like atmosphere. Imagine the hell a Starfleet Voyager would have landing on, say, Hoth?? HOW could a Galaxy Explorer carry enough fuel to land (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Three things to remember: 1. Kids like toys that reflect culture, as well as fictional elements of culture and subcultures (i.e. Star Wars). 2. Lego is a business that makes toys. 3. Lego makes toys that kids like. BTW, if 2 isn't accomplished (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Hiya Justin, I signed it, I'd love it, but REALLY I'd rather it said remake THE BEST sets from the 1980s AND 1990s, and reissue them with UPDATED DECORATIVE PRINT, PART & COLOR selections. Otherwise it would be asking for the Golden Harp from (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)

I totally agree. I got just the one tin myself though. These Dragons are just not very "brick-like." I wanted to like them, but no -- blech! -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Yeah, I think the 1999-2000 line had a lot of useful parts, and great designs, and I'm not gonna scream about that. In fact, I bought a snowspeeder and a few packs of speeder bikes just for the parts, but the newer SW models such as droid (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)

(...) Awesome!!! Those dragons look sweeeeet! Definitelty a relief from those boring looking lego dragons. I'm thinking I'll pick up a MB set or two and use these for my current project (just the dragons anyway...) Just wondering how Lego is going (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  A Ship Moc

Hi all, I know the general demand is for airships but here is something more traditional for Castle. My original plan was to sail to IOM (Isle of Mist if you've forgotten...LOL) but the isle sunk before I was finished so now I've dusted it off to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) I am technicaly still a kid and had loads Spyrius and Unitron sets. They had Loads of cool modles and as somone did point out, why the hell didnt people like the colors. when i go the sets i was incredibally young (6-7) and only saw the modles (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Airships

I know someona posted on this a few weeks ago but it would really help if you all could give me some ideas on engines, armment, and general designs for an airship. im going to use an armada flagship hull with the white and blue front and back (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H0L43p.B6F@lugnet.com... (...) Sadly, LEGO greatness has been reduced to a company on SELL OUTS! SELL OUTS! SELL OUTS! SELL OUTS! SELL OUTS! SELL OUTS! Please excuse me, I need to cry in a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Yeah, cool color schemes are hard to find in todays models, and the harry potter sets had the worst scheme I could imagine (tan and dary grey, a little too rustic for my tastes.) As for the Story lines, yeah the whole purpose was to expand (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Guess that's right. TLC has been doing a lot of licensing and bandwagonning lately, and I just can't see why. Yeah, It's cool to see a few new SW and HP sets, but don't you think it's more than enough when they initiate a seven year contract (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

That's it, I can't take no more of this crap lego is releasing and calling sets. If these sets are so great why are they discontinued so soon and why are they re-releasing old sets, the ones which were good. Lego has never had to follow fads. And as (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Just the point I wanted to get across for themes like LOM, Town Jr sets, and (hushed tone) Galidor. These don't even deserve to be called lego, and rightfully so. Where has an *actual* castle or space theme gone? (...) Well, they do (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Fun with Filters

I'm not sure if there is lag now with uploads to brickshelf, so these may be waiting for approval before they will work. I was processing my vacation images in Photoshop, when I realized I hadn't tried the macro settings on my new camera yet (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) I cna understand how Galidor might bea little odd from lego, but some Town Jr. sets, LOM, even Jack Stone has great parts. Lego's idea is not only build our sets, but knock our socks off by building something great with *our* parts (...) I do (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) I was talking in reference specifically Jack Stone and Galidor. It's amazing when I actually see something cool built with the parts aforementioned, but that's a rare reality. (...) Hmm...It's a shame some people never really saw something in (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Mega blocks did somthing with military legends and they sold loads, heck i bought one, the bigest set was a huge sub about 2ft high and 6ft wide with working guns and light up bits and if that can sell hundreds of copys why notfamous european (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Can we all just shut up now

Hey matt have noticed that this thread is gaettin tooo...ooo long i mean it is a cool and serious matter but havent people heard enouth. and if the LEGO company is reading this thread (which they are) Surely thaey will have got the idea by now and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Could you please just keep this out of the theme groups

I would just be happy if everyone could keep this thread out of the theme groups from here on out. At the very least keep it in .general or take it to .dear-lego. Thanks very much in advance! -Jon "Mike.H" <mikeiona@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Can we all just shut up now

"Mike.H" <mikeiona@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:H0p0qw.FKw@lugnet.com... (...) mean (...) have (...) Is it just me, or am I the only person who has figured out in both Outlook Express and Netscape Communicator how to ignore threads? Why don't (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: A Ship Moc

(...) medieval or ancient ships. Was this inspired by any particular real-world design or completely from within? Either way, I love it! -H. (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

In lugnet.general, Rick Hallman writes: doesn't mean it's bad. (...) I strongly disagree. Historical themes are of great interest to kids, especially imaginative ones that would be interested in Lego bricks in the first place. Furthermore, you can (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Can we all just shut up now

(...) shut (...) *sigh* Because, as an impartial observer, these kinds of conversation are not the point of .space or .castle or .town. Sure, we can ignore them but that still doesn't mean that it's appropriate to carry on these threads across all (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Can we all just shut up now

"Luke Ma" <Luke_Ma@brown.edu> wrote in message news:H0poJL.1v9@lugnet.com... (...) Outlook (...) kinds (...) net (...) shut (...) constructive (...) Sorry, at the time I wrote that I was half awake and thought he was flaming everyone who replied to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  village dwellers

Has anyone got any better ideas for villagers. i used unwanted robin hood torso's and jedi guys. (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: village dwellers

(...) Here some ideas you could use: Yoda's torso from SW (set 7103) Anakin's brown torso from SW (set 7113, 7133) little Anakin's white torso from SW (sets 7141, 7131) Jar Jar Binks torso and also the other Gungan from SW (set 7115, 7133) the dark (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: village dwellers

(...) All excellent ideas. I've used about 80% of them for my peasants, and would use the other 20% if I ever get my hands on the torsos. Here are some other ideas that I've used: Luke's Endor torso Tatooine torsos for Luke and Obi Wan Black (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Ship Moc

(...) Thanks for the feedback. The design was originally going to have a ninja crew (hence the slanted sides) but that didn't work out... I rarely build from pics but do try to keep all my stuff historically accurate. God Bless, Nathan (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Kevin, Anthony, other ozbricks users

Hi guys, I have to move my website. I'm out of grad school and am moving on to a new job, so my days of living off of the university computer resources are coming to an end. Anyway, I just submitted an application for the free hosting on Ozbricks (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  new Chapter update....

Hi, me again....(still no pic's update...yet...) I wrote two chapters in my "Benny Brave Saga"...they are the last 2 chapters in Part I. They will be the last chapters for a while. I will try to write some more later, but written updates will no (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new Chapter update....

(...) Yeah, pics always seem to come at the end :) (...) Hmm, I did manage to get a look at your story, and I guess it's at the least, interesting. I think after adding some pictures and updating the draft, it will turn out to be better. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new Chapter update....

(...) Yeah, I hope so... :) I've already added a couple more pics, but the actual story <deserves> tons more.... <sigh> (...) Nope. Just unsure of my immediate future. That is all I can say for now. If I wanted to. I could write several chapters. I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kevin, Anthony, other ozbricks users

(...) I've never had any problems with Ozbricks. It's always been the same upload speeds, I've never experienced a slow down. Knock on wood... I use WinSock to upload to it, and it's been smooth sailing. (...) When I was using geoshi... I mean (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

In article <H0LHB7.6sw@lugnet.com>, "Matt Hamand" <mhamand1@juno.com> wrote: *Snip.* (...) Yes, I have noticed the abundance of "Matts." The name "Jordan" or a variation is also pretty common. Also, it seems as if a ton of girls are named (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

In article <H0LJrn.DHy@lugnet.com>, "Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote: "And has anyone seen any bulk sets or 3033 tubs on the store shelves?" Nope. I REALLY miss the 3033 tubs. I've purchased at least 7 of them, probably more. The tubs that (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Just a gentle reminder that this is a family forum and while many of us feel the same way you do, there are more appropriate words that can be chosen to express one's dislike of the newer tubs.... Maggie C. (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: Kevin, Anthony, other ozbricks users

(...) I was leary too when I switched over 7 months ago, but my fears where unfounded. So far everything has been a positive experience. I have never noticed a downtime for the server. When I started, they Ozbricks crew was pleasent in emails and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: new Chapter update....

(...) Here is the chapter: (URL) (...) I posted 1 pic in Chapter 1 (Benny and Cletus at Benny's House) I posted 4 pics in Chapter 2 (pics of the Important Meeting at the Lions Den) I posted 2 pics in Chapter 6 (pics that show St. Mary's Chapel, and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Favorite Castle Poll

Yes, once again, it's the what is your favorite castle poll, only this time with the new polling mechanism. See poll #16. (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Favorite Castle Poll

"Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message news:H0sE03.4xn@lugnet.com... (...) time (...) Looks like Im of the common mind, only 2 of the castles in the results (so far) were different to what I chose. It'll be interesting to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite Castle Poll

(...) I wonder how significant it will be that I asked for "favorite" castle rather than "best". I would have moved up the Yellow Castle in my own vote since I regard it as a solid design, but I just have no use for a castle that is yellow. Bruce (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Kevin, Anthony, other ozbricks users

(...) Bruce... Michael from Ozbricks is a good friend of mine, and since I decided to move my site to ozbricks, I have not had one problem, you'll find their service great.... and if you have any problems they will sort it out straight away...!! So (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Ikros Teaser -or- Anthony's at it again

Time for a teaser so you all don't think I've given up on my story... (URL) there ya go :) --Anthony (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  35 known and unknown Castle MOCs

Hello, I re-designed the castle section of 1000steine.de and now you have an overview of 35 MOCs. Most of them are well known from the 1st ISCC, but maybe this site is worth a bookmark for future reference and stealing ideas :-) (URL) Godt! René (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  My site (Lego Lord of the Rings etc) has moved

Hi all, My site, featuring the Lego Lord of the Rings and other stories and models, has moved. The new address is: (URL) name has also been changed to "Brick Tales", reflecting the main goal of my site to tell stories illustrated on the minifig (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Contest update

Hi all, As I just announced, I've moved my site to ozbricks. As such my entries for this contest have new addresses. Here they are: (...) this scene: (URL) (...) Orthanc: (URL)12)best landscape (...) (URL)13) best non human race (...) (URL)14)Best (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  grey 375

For the benefit of those who think LEGO should release classic sets in alternate colours here is the classic yellow castle in grey. I doubt I'll keep it made up for long as it made a surprisingly large hole in my basic grey brick collection :) (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

(...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

(...) Cool, now after we all saw the result of the new/old castle it must be agreed that LEGO must produced 375/6075 Yellow Castle again only in Gray Thanks James for the great pictures We live to build Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

(...) Thanks for the pictures, James. I've always wanted to see what it would look like in grey. As to Lego producing it in gray, I brought up a second window and compared the Gray Castle with the equally gray 6080 King's Castle: ignoring minifigs, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

hey, thats cool, so much better (IMHO) then the yellow one. wtb (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

Cool pics. Pity it says 373 on your site.... Duq P.S. Yes, I've seen your Marillion quote now... "James Stacey" <james@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:H0vynu.MGw@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

(...) Looks like you beat me to it James I thought of the same thing but my 375 castle is in Tan.Take a look. (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

Oops Thanks - It was (and is) late :) "Duq" <lugnetpost@skipthis...tmfweb.nl> wrote in message news:H0wIoI.A2w@lugnet.com... (...) hole (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

"Duncan Titmarsh" <sharon.titmarsh@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H0wLru.IG9@lugnet.com... (...) hole (...) Nice. The dark grey and tan look good together. Next fest we will have to do a multicoloured 375 lineup I might see If I've got enough (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

*snip* (...) In which set did you get the Tan corner slopes? Jeff (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BEHIND THE SCENES OF ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Nathan.... I only just saw this post you did a while ago... To answer your questions: I have no idea how many bricks are in my city... but its 25 yrs of collecting And the population roughly is around 200 minifigs in the city. Kev..: ) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: grey 375

(...) I was thinking the same thing Dark grey.I have some hinges not sure how many though maybe we can do one between us as I don`t have enough standard bricks. Duncan (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  When 6 hours becomes 6 seconds

Yes, I'm writing this post because I want attention. But not in the way you think I am. I'm not looking to get my ego stroked as much as I am looking to have my skills validated, good or bad (of course ego stroking isn't bad, don't get me wrong :)). (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.us.texlug) !!

  Re: grey 375

(...) Modelwise, yes, but parts-wise, I'd rather have a gray 375. :) I haven't been using the castle wall pieces I do have, so those aren't a draw. Price would definitely be an issue, however (hopefully not $75!). Jeff (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: grey 375

(...) Just used dark gray plate hinges, those are fairly common. :) Jeff (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: When 6 hours becomes 6 seconds

<snip> (...) advantage of ldrawing and povraying, as both dragons turned out looking very menacing; they looked shinier and more sleek than before. I can see how much easier it would be than trying to pose your (real-life) dragons in those poses you (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BEHIND THE SCENES OF ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Kevin, Thanks for the tally. One more question: The village on your site could you post a pic of the back if it is not to much trouble... Also I sent an email to your ozbricks address a while ago... are you selling duplicates or originals of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Tan 375 was ( grey 375)

(...) I got the slopes from my day at legoland windsor,last weekend. Duncan (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact