 Castle / 12990
  Introducing the Introduction!

I've uploaded to my website the my first major attempt at a Shockwave flash movie. It's an intro movie to the website, and I think it's pretty spiffy. I'd love to know what you all think of it. But be warned, this isn't the sort of thing for really (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish) !

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Eric Kingsley (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) animation. . . The music, although appropriate and well-integrated into the movie, is not credited. Did you write and record it yourself? If not, there might be copyright complications. Added .publish -- TWS Garrison (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

Looks great Anthony, kinda like a movie trailer. So, when does the movie come out? :) And it loaded without me even having to wait. Cable modems are great! Troy "Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gv4LwG.8Dq@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) WOW! Um... Er... WOW!!! Did I mention... WOW??? Not only does he blow me away with his phenomenal modeling skills, and excellent story writing (not to mention GROSS MISUSE OF MOST OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE), but our young Master Sava is NOW an (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) adds to the site. Are you planning on putting it on the entry page, with a "skip intro" link? My only complaint is the number of fonts used. I found it a bit distracting to see 6 phrases float by in succession where each one used a different (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) I have to agree with Troy. The video clip, while very fluid and nicely organized (not to mention key pictures from your story-line), does have a movie trailer feel to it. I just hope that we can see another episode from the Legend of Ikros, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) <Snip> (...) I could be wrong, but it sounds a lot like it's either from "Lords of Magic" or "Lord of the Realms", both are computer games, both from the same company; Impressions. Looks pretty groovy none-the-less. :D -Evil Wayne ___...___ (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) SWEEE...EEET! I like the music, it adds a nice touch. The movie itself is very well put together, but one little thing- Don't you mean 'EONS old', or are you using an old english thingy? All in all, I like it alot! (does this mean you will (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) There is a credit for it from "Lord of the Realms" at the end of the clip. Perhaps that is a recent change? Good stuff - can't wait for the movie! :-) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) GOOOOOD. I'm on time three readding it. But I think that you did an excalent job on the video (A+) --Kevin W.§ (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) pressing (...) Ain't flash great? The compression is outstanding. Glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback! --Anthony (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) However without a proper set up with a digital camera and monitor for reviewing current shots compared to the ones just taken, I wouldn't have the patience for it. While I have no legal responsibility for giving credit, due to my website being (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) owned by Sierra (at least that's whats on my CD Jewel case, I could be wrong). As for recognizing the tune, I don't know whether to be impressed or frightened... ;) I'll start with both and work from there. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Yup, recent change. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it, though I'm not sure if I like what I've started ;) I don't know if they'll be a movie, would you settle for the book? ;) Thanks for the feedback! --Anthony (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Actually a movie trailer was the feel I was going for. I'm hoping this movie will spark some interest in those unfamiliar with my story. As for the movie? ;) Would you settle for the book instead? ;) Cable modems rock baby! Thanks for the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) As I said to Troy, it was the feel I was going for. While most lego fanatics may not feel that stories are as valid of creations as brick and mortor... well, brick and... brick(?) MOCs, the thing on my website that has had the most time and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Yowsers! (...) Ooh, three exclamation points, thats one big 'wow' ;) (...) Yup, but thanks for the triple wow :) (...) Hey, my speak and spell has been on the fritz lately, what can I say? Thats why I have anal retentive commie good for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Thanks much! I've debated whether or not to do this, and I'll explain why I've done what I've done. You see, the file is huge, at least in terms of the Internet (1 Meg), which for someone on a phone modem would take a while to download. So if (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) artsy and use it. To tell the truth I have been working on getting the next installment of the Chronicles of Ikros out the entire time. It's just that working with collaborators like I am at the moment takes a lot more time than working alone. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Thanks much! Three times? You mean you've read through all 25 chapters twice already and are working on a third time? I'm flattered, really. Thanks for the feedback! --Anthony (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Yes that would be true --Kevin W.§ (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

Well, I have to confess that I used to work at Impressions (they're part of Sierra) and there used to be a cd of all the music floating around. I know I listened to it about two or three dozen times. But it was around the time of Lords of Magic, and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Wow! Wow! Wow! Great movie, very movie-trailer like. Only in this case story-trailer like! Just wondering- being a kiddie, I have never dabbled in the magic of animation. What did you use to make it? John Kruer (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Thanks much, glad ya liked it! I used Macromedia Flash 5.0. It's a nifty program with a hefty price tag (about $500 US last I checked). You can download a free trial at their website (URL) however, being a college student at a major (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Thanks. However, I, being a student (middle school) can get it for 99 dollars! Another thing to add next to by digicam for my birthday... John Kruer (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Um, no! That's not how copyright works. The fact that you're not making money off it doesn't make you exempt from anything. The only exemptions from copyright are "fair use", which covers quoting excerpts from a larger work for purposes of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) I am not a lawyer either, but I immediately cringed at the music credit (as well as the excessive use of different fonts mentioned by Hafner). I mean. don't get me wrong -- I don't personally care if you use the music or not. But absent (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Well, no one else seems to want to correct you here, so here goes. Just because your website is non-profit does not mean it is "exempt from any sort of copyright law." So using that song is legally a violation of copyright law. Does that mean (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) This topic has already been addressed in lugnet, and I've come up with this conclusion. If someone replies with a thanks to a reply, but they don't reply with thanks to my reply, I'd be a little hurt. While I'm sure they did not mean to offend (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Just thought I'd point out here that while there are benefits to getting a Lugnet membership, this isn't one of them. There's no limit to how much any non-member can post either. Providing for those things you said of course. Ben Roller (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Pick a font, any font. And then stick with it. I liked the movie (great creations!), but I'm a designer so I have to nitpick the usage of 20+ different fonts being used! :-) --Dave (jot and jab) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

Ya know, using just one font for something that is artistic doesn't sound good to me... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I happen to like the different fonts. He picked fonts that to me enhance the feeling of what he's trying to say. Using (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) But good resale because everyone likes white. :-) I think 20 different fonts may be a bit much. I think one font in just one size may be too boring. I tend to use one or 2 at most and get variety by using bold, italic, etc. and varying (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

Hi Anthony, Not having read any of your story before I just watched your movie a few times and enjoyed it. Left me real curious for the kingdom of Ikros so I guess the introduction did what it's supposed do. Good work! Twan. -- Twanneman@planet.nl (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)