 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1640
Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:04:25 GMT

Your post made me curious so I  rendered a image using that part.  I had
the part in combinations of by itself and with a minifig, solid and
transparent, and with and without radiosity.  I also rendered with and
without the LGEO library.  Other than slowing to a crawl on the
transparent with radiosity on the 1.7 GHz desktop, I didn't have any
problems rendering the image.

I'm not in the habit of doing this, but if you'd like, I would willing
to give this rendering a shot.

Travis Dickinson
http://home.sc.rr.com/sivar/

Tim Courtney wrote:

Ok, so I figured something out. It's not the model I'm rendering or the
radiosity settings that are taking forever, POV is hanging on _one_ part. A
1x2x3 panel. It was clear in my first attempt, so I changed it to white
(Color15). Still hangs on radiosity, so I turned radiosity off. It instantly
rendered the top of the model, when it got to that _one part_ it hung,
exactly in the same place as it did with radiosity on.

Has anyone else had problems rendering a 1x2x3 panel? I'd apprecaite all the
help I can get... I've got a deadline for the final render, and this is only
a test! Thanks!

-Tim