 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1629
Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:13:29 GMT

I believe you are currently out of luck.  The way radiosity is currently
set up in POV-Ray 3.5, multiple passes are required.  That may or may
not change in future versions, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I have a 450 MHz so I understand your frustration.  Fortunately, I have
access to a 1.7 GHz which is about three to four times faster when
rendering.

Travis Dickinson
http://home.sc.rr.com/sivar/

Tim Courtney wrote:

I'm rendering an image at 800x600 in POV-Ray 3.5 right now, on an old 400mhz
(ouch!) computer. It's using radiosity settings Jeroen de Haan provided to
me over email. I've done other renders with these settings successfully,
that usually take about 3 hours to complete.

As of now its been 3:40 on this render, and it's still in the stage of
rendering large blocks. This image contains a small MOC and a minifig, one
transparent element and two chrome elements (coins). I would expect it to be
hung up like this when rendering the fine quality final image, but it's
still rendering blocky in the first couple passes! Is there a way to turn
these first passes off, as they seem to have nothing to do with the final
image? Please help, thanks!!

-Tim