 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1632
Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:48:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Miguel Agullo writes:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim Courtney writes:

I'm rendering an image at 800x600 in POV-Ray 3.5 right now, on an old 400mhz
(ouch!) computer. It's using radiosity settings Jeroen de Haan provided to
me over email. I've done other renders with these settings successfully,
that usually take about 3 hours to complete.

Can you share those settings? On the radiosity block, try playing with the
"count" parameter. Lower settings (even 1) will speed up the rendering, but
sometimes they cause gross artifacts that dissapear at higher settings.

Tim, please share the settings if people ask. All other people can e-mail me
directly. Note that these settings (or actually this set of .INC files) in a
sort of Beta-state. A finale set will be available from my web site a.s.a.p.

MEGAPOV is known to be several times faster than POV (which is not a very
fast renderer to start with). I think the latest build is 100% povray 3.5
compatible.

All very true!

Jeroen