 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1639
Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:11:08 GMT

Ok, so I figured something out. It's not the model I'm rendering or the
radiosity settings that are taking forever, POV is hanging on _one_ part. A
1x2x3 panel. It was clear in my first attempt, so I changed it to white
(Color15). Still hangs on radiosity, so I turned radiosity off. It instantly
rendered the top of the model, when it got to that _one part_ it hung,
exactly in the same place as it did with radiosity on.

Has anyone else had problems rendering a 1x2x3 panel? I'd apprecaite all the
help I can get... I've got a deadline for the final render, and this is only
a test! Thanks!

-Tim

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim Courtney writes:
I'm rendering an image at 800x600 in POV-Ray 3.5 right now, on an old 400mhz
(ouch!) computer. It's using radiosity settings Jeroen de Haan provided to
me over email. I've done other renders with these settings successfully,
that usually take about 3 hours to complete.

As of now its been 3:40 on this render, and it's still in the stage of
rendering large blocks. This image contains a small MOC and a minifig, one
transparent element and two chrome elements (coins). I would expect it to be
hung up like this when rendering the fine quality final image, but it's
still rendering blocky in the first couple passes! Is there a way to turn
these first passes off, as they seem to have nothing to do with the final
image? Please help, thanks!!

-Tim