 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1342
Re: Aspect ratio (via L3P)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 22:51:52 GMT

Andrew Westrate wrote...
In lugnet.cad.ray, Lars C. Hassing writes:
How would you want it to work ?
Just to specify the location of the camera ?
See also http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=4891
(Since the above post -cla has been added to function as a look_at.dat)

After reading your post, I use the 2nd approach (the view pyramid) to  specify
the location and orientation of the camera.  Here's the file I use (the
cylinder is just a placeholder):

0 POV-Ray Camera Shortcut
0 Name: Camera1.dat
0 L3P IFPOV
0 // camera-subst
0 cylinder { <0,0,20>, <0,0,5>, 4 }
0 L3P ELSEPOV
0 // directional lines and minifig
2 4 0 0 20 0 0 -100
2 0 20 0 0 -20 0 0
2 0 0 20 0 0 -20 0
3 41 0 0 0 72 48 -200 -72 48 -200
3 41 0 0 0 72 -48 -200 -72 -48 -200
3 41 0 0 0 72 48 -200 72 -48 -200
3 41 0 0 0 -72 48 -200 -72 -48 -200
2 14 0 0 0 -72 -48 -200
2 14 0 0 0 -72 48 -200
2 14 0 0 0 72 48 -200
2 14 0 0 0 72 -48 -200
1 15 0 -8 15 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3626B.DAT
1 15 0 16 15 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 973.DAT
1 15 0 48 15 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 970.DAT
1 15 0 60 15 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 972.DAT
1 15 0 60 15 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 971.DAT
0 L3P ENDPOV
0

Nice looking camera. And good idea with a cameraman.
Your camera has a lens angle of 44 degrees and an aspect ratio of 3/2.
How should L3P extract that information?
Perhaps by putting the pyramid into a subfile,
then L3P can calculate the bounding box of that.

Shouldn't the pyramid be very large, so that you can place the camera
for large models too?

I would leave out the cylinder.
/Lars