Re: Ideas for next MOTM contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 22:12:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:
Please note that if you have an old video card, you will have to make sure that
LDView has been run with at least an 800x600 window prior to doing this, since
it can only create snapshots that are less than or equal to its window size on
old video cards, and even when you have it create a snapshot on the command
line, it uses the most recent window size.

I've been fiddling with LDView and I can't seem to render images larger than
1020x688 (my screen resolution is 1024x768).  Does this mean that I can't render
images larger than my current screen resolution?  What I did with LDGLite was
render a x3 scaling of the model and then shrunk the image to 800x600.  This
makes the lines in the images crisper leading to a better overall image
appearance.

-Orion

P.S.  I'm using my box with an ATI 9800 Pro so I wouldn't consider my video card
old...