Re: Ideas for next MOTM contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 17:54:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Don Heyse wrote:
Yeah.  Unfortunately, tweaking the numbers can mess up other models.
On the other hand if you think the numbers you are using don't ever
produce bleed-through, I'd love to know what you're using.

Nope.  I have the same problem.  Possibly even worse with antialiased
lines.  I give them an extra bump forward beyond the polygon offset.
More bits in your Z buffer reduces the symptoms somewhat.

Oh yeah, and bringing in the near and far clip planes also helps,
especially with a perspective projection.  Orthographic projections
give me less of a problem with the Z-bleeding.  Maybe you should add
an ortho mode.

Don