WARNING: Re: Ideas for next MOTM contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 04:46:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   I’ve been fiddling with LDView and I can’t seem to render images larger than 1020x688 (my screen resolution is 1024x768). Does this mean that I can’t render images larger than my current screen resolution? What I did with LDGLite was render a x3 scaling of the model and then shrunk the image to 800x600. This makes the lines in the images crisper leading to a better overall image appearance.

OK, I updated LDView (haven’t released the update yet) to support images up to 4096x4096 via tiling, whether or not your video card can go that high. I have a sample generated at 2400x1800--and then resized to 800x600--that can be seen by clicking the thumbnail below:

If you’re interested, I can send you the updated (unreleased) LDView. Note that I set the edge line width to 3 in the LDView preferences to prevent them from being super light in the down-sampled image.

--Travis Cobbs