Re: [Parts Tracker] Re-numbering "Star Wars" patterns...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:58:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:

Franklin and everyone:

Please do *not* attempt to 'rename' files on the Parts Tracker.
I have a simple script set up to handle renames.  If you upload
[a] duplicate of files under new names, you'll make more work for me,
and add to the level of confusion.

If you need a file renamed, email me about it.  It's simpler for you,
and less work for me.

Steve,

I asked you to fix the mis-match w/ the "Old Ben Kenobi" face pattern.  You
refused, claiming that having a "~moved to" file would add to "clutter".  I've
fixed it myself, by uploading a new pattern, the "Gasganno" face pattern, as a
new file using pattern number 3626bps4, and the "Old Ben Kenobi" face pattern
as 3626bps6 (to match 973ps6, the "Olb Ben Kenobi" torso pattern).

I tried to comply with your request, but you decided not to comply with the
offer of assistance implied in your previous post (quoted above).

I regret whatever problems this may cause you.

Sincerely,
Franklin