Re: [Parts Tracker] Wrapping up 2002-02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:49:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Franklin W. Cain wrote:

I wouldn't mind renumbering the as-yet-unofficial torso patterns
you mentioned.  I do see a potential problem, however...
There are just *so* *many* characters in SW that trying
to co-ordinate the pattern numbers might already be a lost cause...

Would the most rational decision, at this point, be to say,
"the heck with it", and just leave well enough alone?

Maybe.  OTOH, if we want to pursue this train of thought, it's now or
never.  Once these files get released, things are pretty much set in
stone.

And the number of characters should not be a deterrant.  We just have to
be clear about which codes we're reserving for which patterns/parts, and
which codes are open for "general SW patterns".

The actual renaming of files on the trackerwon't take very long.

Steve