Subject:
OMR Model Creation/Submission Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:45:08 GMT

We should develop rules for official model creating and submitting to the
OMR.  First off, we can't expect all submissions to follow our
header/filename system.  The model editors will have to make sure each file
follows those rules.  Here are my suggestions for needed rules:

- Use of actual physical model strongly reccommended, use of instructions
  required

- Submodels must reflect submodels in instructions or must reflect movable
part
  features on the model

- If the element is available, it must be used.  Replace unavailable decorated
  elements with un-decorated version of that element

- Minifig accessories are required if available, not required if unavailable

- If there are any discrepancies in the model the author must submit an errors
  list for the editors to take note of and to publish in the release of the
MPD

- If a model exists in the repository, the same model by a different author
will
  not be accepted

This is just off the top of my head.  Editors, readers...if you could think
of some more necessary rules it would be helpful.

Should we require things like the error file to be submitted with the
file??  This might discourage submissions since some people have the models
already done and would not like to put extra work into it.  Any preference
over official submodels vs movable parts?  What do y'all feel about the
decorated elements clause?  Please reply with necessary feedback.

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org
http://www.zacktron.com