Re: OMR Model Creation/Submission Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:54:04 GMT

"Scott R Dennett" <dennett@agate.net> writes:
Bram, I think the reason we would have a submodel for that
submodel is because it is an official submodel.

That makes sense.  I think we should continue to follow this reasoning.

We would inline it because it is stationary; it can't be moved
from where it is. Take a look at a scan of the instructions, it
might help to see the reasoning.

Sub-models are not only used so that they can be easily positioned.  They
are used to make following the instructions easier.  Inlining a sub-model
defeats the purpose of creating the sub-model in the first place because
the sub-model is then surrounded by all the peices you wanted to detract
attention from!  Whether you leave the inlined header makes no
difference--you could just as easily have added the peices without using
any sub-models.
I hope I was clear this time.
--Bram