Re: OMR Model Creation/Submission Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:14:12 GMT

On 6/15/99, at 6:50 PM, Tim Courtney wrote:

We should develop rules for official model creating and • submitting to the
OMR.  First off, we can't expect all submissions to follow our
header/filename system.  The model editors will have to make • sure each file
follows those rules.  Here are my suggestions for needed rules:

- Use of actual physical model strongly reccommended, use of • instructions
required

- Submodels must reflect submodels in instructions or must • reflect movable
part
features on the model

- If the element is available, it must be used.  Replace • unavailable decorated
elements with un-decorated version of that element

- Minifig accessories are required if available, not required • if unavailable

- If there are any discrepancies in the model the author must • submit an errors
list for the editors to take note of and to publish in the • release of the
MPD

- If a model exists in the repository, the same model by a • different author
will
not be accepted

This is just off the top of my head.  Editors, readers...if you • could think
of some more necessary rules it would be helpful.

Should we require things like the error file to be submitted • with the
file??  This might discourage submissions since some people • have the models
already done and would not like to put extra work into it.  Any • preference
over official submodels vs movable parts?  What do y'all feel • about the
decorated elements clause?  Please reply with necessary • feedback.

I think the error file should be submitted with the file, by the
author of the
work.

I was looking at the instruction for set 6877 and I had a couple
of questions.
1. STEP 9 has asubmodel with no movable parts. Should it be
inlined? I
think it should
2. STEP 9 has the top of a hinge placed and the windscreen which
goes on
it is placed in STEP 12. Should this be a submodel. I have mixed
feelings.

That's all for now I think. I agree with all the rules.
If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Ryan