Re: OMR Model Creation/Submission Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:05:05 GMT

At 06:54 PM 6/16/99 +0000, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
Sub-models are not only used so that they can be easily positioned.  They
are used to make following the instructions easier.  Inlining a sub-model
defeats the purpose of creating the sub-model in the first place because
the sub-model is then surrounded by all the peices you wanted to detract
attention from!  Whether you leave the inlined header makes no
difference--you could just as easily have added the peices without using
any sub-models.
I hope I was clear this time.

You're making a lot more sense now.  I understand better what you're trying
to say and I agree with where you're coming from.  Part of the purpose of
the OMR is to provide 3d virtual instructions, so this would help in this
case.  They should not be inlined.  However, if you make a submodel (to
ease creation in ldraw) that is not in the instructions and has nothing to
do with our moving parts idea, then it should be inlined so it appears like
it does in the actual instructions.

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org