Re: OMR Model Creation/Submission Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:24:16 GMT

At 09:18 AM 6/16/99 +0000, Papp Imre wrote:
My comments:

If an OMR submission is not complete i.e. elements are missing, (even these
are decorated elements, minifig accessories, stickers etc.), we should not
consider it as a 100% accurate representation of the original model. I
accept that the lack of non-structural elements should not delay the
insertion to OMR. So we could insert them into the Repository, but similarly
to the 'need work' tag on parts, the Ldrawer should list the missing
elements in the header (or wherever we decide), along with any other
discrepancy.

Correct.

Even we could introduce the readiness level attribute of an OMR model,
saying 100% ready if there are no missing parts or any known discrepancy.
Any missing parts or known error reduces the readiness level by e.g. 1% -
5%. Then we may set up a limit (e.r. 90%) above which we accept the model
for OMR.

Good point.  I like the readiness system.  Should we have it relative to
the number of pieces, so you divide the number of parts by the number of
parts in the model to get the percentage?  Also, you could multiply it by a
certain number from 1-5 and take an average to denote more or less
significant pieces.

The accumulated list of missing elements in OMR may serve as the common ToDo
list for the Ldraw part authors. As those parts become officially accepted,
the model's Ldrawer or (somebody else) can improve/finalize the model and
increase the readiness level.

Yes.  We could have a CGI generate a list of all the missing parts so
people know what is priority.

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org