 CAD / Development / 9479
Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 03:35:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
I don't think so.  What if CODE is part of the color name?  I can't
think of a quick example for that, but other key words are easy.

  AlphaTeamRed, BlueChrome...

I'll support color names with no space characters, and I'll consider
supporting color names with spaces, if the name is enclosed in quotes.

I would prefer that spaces not be allowed in the color name as well.  However,
the spec does say that all the keywords are case sensitive (must be all caps),

Actually, the spec says just the opposite, that tags (keywords) are not
case-sensitive:
Tags.  CODE, VALUE, EDGE, ALPHA, DITHER, LUMINANCE, CHROME, METALLIC, RUBBER and
MATERIAL are keyword tags.  Some tags are followed by a single parameter value.
Tags are case-insensitive.

and I believe the original suggestion was that keywords by themselves with
spaces surrounding couldn't be used in a color name.  (It didn't actually say
this, but I suspect that was the intent.)

That seems reasonable.

Steve