 CAD / Development / 9470
Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:06:19 GMT

I have these comments:
1) Why not use COLOURDEF in stead of introducing the'!' ?
2) CHROME | METALLIC | RUBBER seem to me like materials. Are they just shortcuts for convenience?
3) It should be possible to specify RGB color in decimal. Either r,g,b or RGB(r,g,b) is fine with me.
   Would anyone like to specify RGB using fractions (0.0 - 1.0) ?
4) EDGE e, if e is a color code, I assume it must be evaluated when actually used and not "now"
   since e can be redefined later in ldconfig.ldr.
5) About scoping, I'm reluctant to support color redefinition anywhere. I would like simply to
   read %LDRAWDIR%\ldconfig.ldr at the beginning.
Otherwise Travis has expressed most of my comments very well, thanks.
/Lars