 CAD / Development / 8831
Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 01:05:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:

Here's how I see it: if we reduce the requirements to guidelines, then who
decides when we want to bend the rules? That opens it up to politics. By
having defined guidelines, we have a standard people must meet, and then
decisions on who is able to run for LSC membership aren't decided individually.

This is a tough call. I think there need to be some minimum standards, so
that we only have technically capable people on the LSC. I'm torn on this
issue. Other input?

Not to overcomplexify but perhaps two nomination paths? One path if you are
qualified under the criteria given already, and another, petition based, in
which some number of qualified people vouched for you as a viable candidate?