 CAD / Development / 8825
Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:20:07 GMT

If I might ask a question...
I see that this whole project is geared specificly toward Lego uses of the
program. From my understanding, it will not be restricted to just Lego uses.
Clone brands, as well as other things (there is a couple of block sets from
other things, like that German brand of old toys, and Hirst Arts, plus another
project that might wind up being a model train (HO type) train cad).

While I am not saying that anything in particular should be included, I am
mentinoning this as there might be people who have never authored an offical
Lego Part, but have made tons and tons of parts for other systems, whom might
have great input. As written now... they would be forever excluded from being
on the review board.

Again, I am only mentinoning this as a possible expansion for the 'offical' use
of the program. I fully understand that the current focus of the program, file
format and org is strictly Lego related. But unless the powers that be plan on
keeping it that way forever.. Which I understand is NOT the case. Some
consideration to this might be wise.

Course, your all welcome to tell me to go sit on it... I dont make Lego Parts,
but would offer to be a reviewer, but as most of my kids' Legos are accually
MegaBlocks... not sure how much help I could be.

I have on the other hand, made almost 100 parts for Hirst Arts, granted, its
not all that hard to make rectanglar blocks, but as I do more I get more
involved in learning. And please note, I am NOT suggesting myself for any such
postion, I dont have the time to dedicate and do the job, others could do much
better.

Thanks for listening...Just my two cents, those wishing a refund, ask.

Dwayne Miller
Barberton, Ohio