 CAD / Development / 7037 (-20)
  Some part questions

Hi all, I was wondering are those parts in the <LDRAW>\parts\s dir official parts? Because there are some very strange parts there. Why not add some sort of triangle and rectangle facing information, so all polygrams can be assigned clockwise (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  creating 'real' technic builing instructions

hi there, I'm working on a tool which creates 'real' building instructions for the old technic-models from dat-files . that means: 1. building a html-page 2. with the 'black and yellow' bars at the right and left border 3. with the 'new' parts (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

It's working correctly now. Sorry for any bother. Must've been a problem on my end... Best regards, --Ryan (...) a (...) right? (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

(...) Ahh. I never got around to read the LEdit specific parts of the documentation (`alias ledit vi` :-). (...) :-) (...) I will reformulate it; "... Microsoft specific LEGO CAD programs". Which still is a bit unfair since at least LeoCAD also (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group

(...) Take a look at: (URL) can rotate a LDraw file an arbitrary angle around any of the three major axes. If you care to get your hands on an Ada compiler the program actually works. Jacob (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group

(...) LDraw AddOn does rotations in at least a couple of different places. In class file EditorFunctions.cls, there's the Rotate() method and the QuickRotate() method, both of which are capable of rotating any LDraw code around any of the three (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group

(...) Wouldn't you better off using the tools that already exist? Work with the subparts in whatever ldraw CAD program you prefer, then use one of the (now many) inliner tools to inline them at the very end when you're finished with the part. If you (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Help wanted from the programmers among the LUGNET group

Hello, Is there someone among the programmers, who can deliver me the algorithm for the ROTATION of the five different line types ? Please in some understandable language, so that i can translate it into VB(A) code - NO ASSEMBLER CODE. Why i'm (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) I think where I want to go with it, is to keep things simple and limited. At least for now. Embedded POV-Ray code should not make references to L3P-defined objects or definitions. It should stick strictly with primitive operations. Maybe later (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

(...) Documentation, what documentation? Actually according to the LEDIT extensions section of readme.txt: The Piece menu now also contains: an (x,y,z) location option an (x,y,z) scale option (use negative numbers to mirror) a matrix replacement (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** MLCAD V2.12 **

Michael, The new features of version 2.12 look handy, including the option to save a parts list (shortcut button; I don't know if that option had been available). But I have noticed that the arrow keys, Home, End, and 'A' do not perform funtions (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

(...) I never found it mentioned in the documentation. - Or is that a bug in the documentation and not in the inliner? (...) There is certainly more than one LDGLite user, but probably not quite as many as there are users for the Microsoft specific (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDDesignPad v0.9 released!

Hello! New version is out now. Get it at (URL) ! + = New feature * = Bugfix - = Removed feature v0.9 2002/03/05 + Added Change/Replace Color dialog (added palette file) + Undo now possible even after save - Reverted to colored speedbuttons. Think (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) Huh...? This is getting too complicated, lost me! Most of you have seen what I have done with adding POV part descriptions to parts. I believe that I was using them correctly with the "established" methods. To make much change would be too (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Spot the bug

(...) I don't see one yet. But, I have not yet turned on display lists, vertex arrays, or cached normals, all of which I wrote code for while reading the reference manual as far back as June. Never ever write hundreds of lines of code before testing (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Spot the bug

(...) Cool! Is there an appreciable speed difference? (...) I know how that goes. :) Steve (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

Hello Tore, first i was a little bit shocked but then I went to hunt down the bug. I had a problem with parsing the subpart if there were double-space between the numbers and a calculation bug too ;). It's fixed now. I didn't use your code (mine is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitives based on other primitives?

(...) This is done sometimes. It certainly could be replaced with equivalent raw code. I'm not sure which version would be faster. Once the 48\1-4ring9 file is loaded by a renderer, reusing the file shouldn't be a big time hit. Steve (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) No big deal. I just wasn't sure which nut you were shelling. :) (...) Hmm. The problem is that there would be a lot of cases - we've already got a way to handle general stuff (by creating 'primitive' files). And my (general) preference is to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: My LDraw Inliner

(...) Hey, could I get a bug report on the ldglite inliner too? I get almost no feedback. The one ldglite user must be really busy these days... Don (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact