 CAD / Development / 5474
Re: Patterned Parts Numbering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:34:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:

How about replacing the .dat extension with the pattern number for these
filenames?  (Something like 3626bp.101)

I'd rather not encode file-nameish data into the file-extension.  That
feels like a bad thing to do -- extensions indicate the *type* of file, not
the specific file.

I realize that "DAT" is not the greatest extension in the world, as it's
far too generic.  But, it's better than not having a recognizable filetype
extension at all.

Steve