 CAD / Development / 5452
Re: Patterned Parts Numbering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:59:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Carsten Schmitz writes:
Hello Steve,

I don't know what happened to the source code of Ldraw and Ledit?
LDraw and Ledit are the only programs that are limited to the 8.3 scheme
(perhaps one or two old tools too). As far as I know there are easy to use
and easy to implement source routines that makes it possible for old
programs to read long filenames (I know it for Pascal...).

That is not the real problem, there are still operating systems in use that
simply don't support long filenames. We are a world wide community with
participants from regions that are less wealthy then yours, and these might
still use machines that are only capable to operate with MS-DOS for instance.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.