 CAD / Development / 5460
Re: Patterned Parts Numbering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:30:04 GMT

Carsten Schmitz wrote:

3. One of the charters of all LDraw derivative work is that backwards
compatibility be maintained.  This doesn't mean that new features that are
unsupported by LDraw/LEdit can't be added, but that they will continue to
properly handle models which are created with new tools.  Consequently, all
filenames in the part library must remain 8.3, and all new features in dat
files must be implemented as comments.

Sooner or later you will have to make concessions to this point of view
because its not possible to ignore the growing numbers of new parts.

Greetings,

Carsten

Oh, you mean that a DOS directory is limited to a specific number of files? I recall that Norton Commander 5.0 for DOS
is limited to, I think it was 2000 files...

--
Tore Eriksson
Sweden

ICQ: 76066510