 CAD / Development / 2483
Re: Voting page for 9906
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 15:09:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Terry Keller writes:
OK part fiends,

The voting page for update 9906 is up and running:
http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/archive/voting/datvote.html

It *should* be all ready to go.  I hope so, as my new computer just got zapped
by lightning and the modem died. (using the old computer right now).

Okay, I looked at the pieces, and here are my thoughts on the ones I had
problems with:

Can the insertion points for the castle doors be moved closer to the hinged
part?  Not a big deal, it just kinda bugs me.  ;)

2552 - The lines that make up the "creases" in the indented corners are angled,
and they shouldn't be.  I feel this is very important.  There also is an extra
line floating around in the pit.

30360 - The insertion point is still inside the 2x3x.6 brick part, and it needs
to be moved to the surface of that section

30372p79 - The top design should form a square, I believe.  Also, it should
darken to color 8 at the nose, the crease, and the back.  The interior black
line should be color 7 (even in the areas where the main design is color 8).
Finally, I don't think the exterior black line should exist.

606p33 - The center line is obviously a slightly thinner line drawn over the
dashed lines of another straight roadplate.

608p33 - There are some extra quads in the area where the crosswalk would be if
this piece was a normal road plate.

609p33 - The green lines have black borders, when they should be Dark Gray I
think.

x610 - The gray line on the right side is too thin.

x611 - Pattern corners aren't lined up properly, the gray lines don't touch the
left and right sides.

x612 - Pattern corners aren't lined up properly, the gray lines don't touch the
left side.

These two road plates have square corners even though they have the curved
lines:
x613p01
609p01

Many of these *will* cause me to vote 'No' on the piece in question.

Jeff