Re: Voting page for 9906
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 20:40:18 GMT

Voting part comments:

2400, 6105:  The 1/2 cylinder studs on the doors need 4-4edge.dat's where they meet the flat part of the door.

2500c01:  I don't think the lights are done quite right here.  There's a reference to a 4-4cone1.dat, but I don't have such a
primitive.  Am I missing it?  Is it a rename of 4-4con12?  There's also an extra edge line in the middle of the outer cylinder of
the light.

3004p**:  I would suggest a subfile for everything except the patterned face, esp. since you are adding so many patterns.  Also, for
the left and right arrow patters you draw the black outline before the yellow arrow, but switch them for the up/down arrow
partterns.  The outline doesn't show as nicely for the up/down patterns.

3010p05:  does this pattern actually have black lines around the white stripes?  If not, the white rect.dat's should be inlined and
the edgelines removed.  If so, then the rect.dat's should be replace with a subfile with a white quad surrounded by a 2D black
border, not 1D edgelines.

30152:  is the thickness of the frame really just 1 ldu?  Generally, Lego doesn't go less than 2 ldu in thickness.

3039p33:  this could use the 3039s01.dat subpart included with this vote for the brick minus the sloped face.

3298p66:  uses color 8 edgelines in the pattern.  If there is a dk. gray border around the pink triangles, it should be done with
quads, not edgelines.

3471 (Pine Tree):  Wow!  I'm impressed.

3852:  Oops.  This one's mine and it's missing about 30 4-4edge.dat's.  I'll send the fix to Terry.

4181p06,4182p06:  The colored edgelines around the patterned areas are unnessesary, since they don't represent physical edges.

Same for 4215p04-7, unless those patterns have colored borders, in which case they should be done in 2D, not with 1D edgelines.

4523:  I, too, think this should go under the Minifig category.

4760-4762:  This is a very nice mock-up of the battery box, but each part is missing significant detail (and not just on the
inside).

Unfortunately I will be unable to participate in discussion of this 'till next week.

-John Van