Re: Voting page for 9906
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:55:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, John VanZwieten writes:

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message • news:FFuFFw.Cr0@lugnet.com...

30360 - The insertion point is still inside the 2x3x.6 brick part, and it
needs to be moved to the surface of that section

The insertion point is the center of the cylinders.  This makes it much easier
to rotate on the z axis, and to rotate on the x axis then place in its
vertical orientation.  Granted, it takes a few extra fine moves to place
normally, but I think it's worth it in this case.

Ah.  I didn't realize that.  No problem then.

30372p79 - The top design should form a square, I believe.  Also, it should
darken to color 8 at the nose, the crease, and the back.  The interior black
line should be color 7 (even in the areas where the main design is color 8).
Finally, I don't think the exterior black line should exist.

Some of this, like the black lines, is questionable due to the suprisingly
poor job TLG did of aligning the different colors.  The darkening at the nose,
crease, and back is definitely valid though.  If we could pass this with a
"Needs Work" tag, I'd commit to adding the color 8 areas.

-John Van

Really?  I'll have to compare all of mine when I get home (I have 8).  Don't
forget to dither(?) the dark gray to light gray, please!  :)

I could deal with a 'needs work' tag.  What about the gray lines?  That's what
I first noticed about the canopy's design when I got them.  Anyways, Thanks!

Jeff