 CAD / 9601
Re: ldraw based import parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:49:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Darrell Urbien writes:
In lugnet.cad, Thomas Burger writes:
for those of you who know i have made import parts,  i completed my page at
my website for them at: www.geocities.com/tburger666/lego
gregory overkamp has done models with these parts to, his link is in there..

the latest parts since the 12th of march 2003 are :
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GrapeApe/import/parts/parts.jpg

i have made new parts, one is a "invader" kit front, part 42424.dat, shown
in the image:  http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GrapeApe/import/car4d5.jpg

Hi Thomas,

Very nice parts! I teach a class in 3D CAD at a Community College in
California, and I have had my students model a LEGO dragster for a few
semesters now. As LDraw gets better and better with the additions of
applications like LPub and LSynth, I've had to change my class (it would be too
easy for a student to model his vehicle in MLCAD and submit that to me). Now I
have them design their own parts, using LEGO as a base and the LDraw system of
measurment.

Do you mind me pointing my students to your site for inspiration? We work in a
slightly larger scale than minifig, though (and frankly some of the cars in the
BShelf link don't look much like their full scale namesakes..) ;-) • *cut*

Darrell

Yeah, accurate cars are hard to model at minifig scale, but i tried.
Actually i only gave actual names to the first batch, then just gave them
names like racetruck- generic names are much more fitting.  Now i moved to
tuning pre-existing cars from older lego sets.